DURECT Corporation (NASDAQ:DRRX) was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Cupertino, California, USA, with 90 full-time employees. It is a biopharmaceutical company that researches and develops drugs based on its epigenetic modulators and drug delivery projects.
DURECT Corporation (DRRX):
DURECT was established in 1998 to develop an enhanced drug delivery system. DURECT’s goal is to optimize the physical, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of approved active agents in a way that solves major clinical problems.
In recent years, DURECT Corporation has built on this important legacy and has expanded the scope of the company to include the development of a series of endogenous molecules that are brand-new for drug research and have demonstrated their presence in many important therapeutic areas Significant prospects.
DURECT provides the ALZET product line, including osmotic pumps and accessories for experimental research on mice, rats and other laboratory animals; and a series of biodegradable polymers that can be used as raw materials for LACTEL brand pharmaceutical and medical equipment .
DURECT Corporation’s advanced oral and injection delivery technologies are designed to provide new indications and enhanced properties for small molecules and biological drugs, including:
- DUR-928, an endogenous, oral bioavailable small molecule, plays a regulatory role in lipid homeostasis, inflammation and cell survival, and is currently in phase II clinical development.
- REMOXY ER, an investigational sustained-release pain relief drug based on ORADUR technology.
- POSIMIR, an investigational analgesic product, aims to provide bupivacaine, which can provide pain relief for up to 3 days after surgery. It has completed phase II and I clinical trials and submitted a new drug application.
- ORADUR®-Methylphenidate ER, used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, is currently in phase III clinical trials.
- Sustained-release Ophthalmology Product is currently in the preclinical research stage.
DURECT sells and sells its ALZET and LACTEL product lines through a direct sales team in the United States and a network of distributors in Japan, Europe and internationally.
DURECT Corporation and Sandoz AG; Indivior UK Ltd.; Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.; Zogenix, Inc.; and Pain Therapeutics, Inc. have signed cooperation agreements.