Valeritas Holdings, Inc., Prior to Reverse Merger with Valeritas, Inc. (OTC:VLRXQ) (formerly NASDAQ:VLRX) was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA, with 82 full-time employees. A commercial medical technology company focused on improving health and simplifying the lives of diabetic patients through the development and commercialization of innovative technologies.
Valeritas Holdings (VLRX):
Valeritas Holdings, Inc. is a commercialized medical technology company focused on developing and commercializing innovative technologies to improve health and simplify the lives of diabetic patients. Valeritas has now designed and marketed its first product: V-Go wearable insulin delivery device (V-Go), which helps type 2 diabetes patients who need insulin to achieve and maintain their target blood glucose goals. V-Go is a small, discrete and easy-to-use disposable insulin delivery device that patients adhere to their skin every 24 hours. V-Go enables patients to simulate the normal physiological pattern of insulin delivery in the body throughout the day and use insulin to treat diabetes without the need to plan daily routines with multiple daily injections. V-Go enables patients to use one type of insulin (rapid acting) at a continuous preset basal rate within 24 hours, closely mimics the normal physiological pattern of body insulin secretion, and provides on-demand bolus doses. The cautious and convenient basic bolus insulin delivery method provided by V-Go enables patients to simplify insulin management, thereby reducing the need for daily routines of multiple injections per day.
At present, V-Go has been approved by the European Union and the United States for listing, and has been sold in the United States.
Currently, Valeritas is also developing two next-generation disposable V-Go devices:
- V-Go PreFill™-Allows companies to sell V-Go with insulin because it will use pre-filled insulin cartridges to allow patients to snap into the V-Go device, thus eliminating the insulin injection process. V-Go PreFill™ will make it easier to use insulin therapy, which can be applied to a wider range of healthcare professionals and patients, including those new to insulin patients.
- V-Go Link™ —— One-way communication with smart devices (such as mobile phones and tablets) via RF/Bluetooth technology. V-Go Link™ will provide real-time tracking information on basic and bolus dose utilization rates, enabling patients and their healthcare professionals to gain a deeper understanding of their current eating habits.
Product important risk information (Important Risk Information):
- If the basal insulin rate needs to be adjusted or modified regularly within 24 hours, or if the amount of insulin used in the meal needs to be adjusted less than 2 unit increments, the use of the V-Go disposable insulin delivery device can easily lead to hypoglycemia.
- During treatment with V-Go insulin, the following conditions may occur: hypoglycemia (hypoglycemia) or hyperglycemia (hyperglycemia).
- Other adverse reactions related to the use of V-Go include: adhesive skin irritation or infection at the infusion site.
- V-Go should be removed before any magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test.
Valeritas Holdings (VLRX) History:
Valeritas, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware on August 26, 2008. On May 3, 2016, the company’s newly established wholly-owned subsidiary Valeritas Acquisition Corp. merged with Cleaner Yoga Mat, Inc. into Valeritas, Inc..
Valeritas Holdings (VLRX) investment:
Valeritas Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: VLRX) listed on Nasdaq on 3/23/2017 IPO, with an issue price of US$10, 5.25 million shares issued, and US$52.5 million raised, stock code: VLRX.
As of April 15, 2018, the company’s share price closed at $1.19, which has fallen by more than 88%.
Because the stock price has been below $1 for a long time, the company’s stock has been transferred to the OTC market for trading.