Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (NASDAQ:AZYO) was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. It has 151 full-time employees. It is a commercial-stage regenerative medicine company dedicated to developing next-generation differentiated products and improving surgical treatment. The patient’s treatment effect is focused on patients receiving implantable medical devices.
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (AZYO):
Aziyo Biologics is a fully integrated, commercial regenerative medicine company. Since its establishment in 2015, the company has expanded through acquisitions and strategic partnerships, thereby creating a high-growth business entity.
Through the company’s proprietary tissue processing platform, Aziyo Biologics has developed a series of advanced regenerative medicine products whose designs are very similar to natural biological materials. The company’s core products include:
- CanGaroo , this is the first and only natural biological inclusion designed to help reduce the complications of CIED implants (pacemakers and defibrillators);
- FiberCel Fiber Viable Bone Matrix, ViBone and OsteGro V, used for spine and plastic surgery;
- SimpliDerm, a pre-hydrated human acellular dermal matrix for soft tissue repair, and a combination of extracellular matrix (ProxiCor, Tyke and VasCure) for vascular and cardiac repair.
Aziyo Biologics’ proprietary products are designed to address the implantable electronic device/cardiovascular, orthopedic/spine repair and soft tissue reconstruction markets, which totaled US$3 billion in the US market in 2019. In order to expand the company’s business scope, Aziyo Biologics and Boston Scientific Corporation (Boston Scientific) and Medtronic, Inc. (Medtronic) and other major medical device companies to establish a business relationship to promote and sell some of the company’s core products.
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (AZYO) Financing:
- On June 14, 2017, Aziyo Biologics received an exclusive venture capital investment of US$12 million from HighCape Partners.
- On August 6, 2018, Aziyo Biologics received US$10 million in venture capital funding.
- On December 13, 2019, Aziyo Biologics received US$3.1 million in venture capital funding.
- On September 11, 2020, Aziyo Biologics received another $5 million venture capital investment.
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (AZYO) investment:
Aziyo Biologics, Inc. (NASDAQ:AZYO) was listed on the IPO on 10/8/2020 and listed on Nasdaq, with an issue price of $17.00, issuing 2.9 million shares, raising US$50 million, underwriting by Piper Sandler/Cowen, and Cantor/ Truist Securities Joint.