Amphenol Electronics (or: Amphenol Electronics, Amphenol Group) Amphenol Corporation (NYSE: APH) was founded in 1932 and is headquartered in Wallingford, Connecticut, USA, with 74,000 full-time employees. It is a manufacturer of electrical, electronic and optical fiber connectors And sellers.
Amphenol Corporation (APH):
Amphenol Corporation and its affiliates are engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors worldwide. Anno’s business has two parts: Interconnect Products and Assemblies and Cable Products and Solutions.
- The Interconnect Products and Assemblies part is the production of connectors and connector systems, including optical fiber, harsh environment, high-speed, and radio frequency connection products, as well as antennas, power connection products, bus bars, and distribution systems and other connectors. It also provides value-added products such as backplane connection systems, cable assemblies and harnesses, and cable management products; and other products including antennas, printed circuit boards, hinges, mounting accessories, molded parts, sensors and sensor-based products, switches And touch panel and lens.
- The Cable Products and Solutions part is to provide coaxial, power and special cables; cable assemblies; and assemblies, including integrator/splitter products, connectors and connector systems, and optical fiber assemblies. The company serves OEMs, electronics manufacturing companies, and original design manufacturers of automobiles, broadband communications, commercial aviation, industry, information technology and data communications, military, mobile equipment and mobile network terminal markets.
History of Amphenol Corporation (APH):
- In 1932, Amphenol Corporation was founded;
- From 1967 to 1982, Anno Electronics was a part of Bunker Ramo Corporation;
- In May 2005, Amphenol acquired SV Microwave, a manufacturer of RF connectors, components and cable assemblies;
- In October 2005, Anno Electronics acquired Teradyne Connection Systems (the production of high-precision electronic connectors), the connection system business of Teradyne, Inc., for US$390 million ;
- In February 2008, Anno Electronics acquired French electronics manufacturer SEFEE;
- In 2009, Amphenol acquired Jaybeam Wireless and later renamed it Amphenol Jaybeam, which is now Amphenol Antenna Solutions;
- On November 15, 2013, Anno Electronics acquired General Electric (GE)’s advanced sensor business for US$318 million .