Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in San Diego, California. It has 3,600 full-time employees. It is a professional defense technology company that serves the government and Commercial customers provide national security mission-critical products, solutions and services.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS):
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions mainly provides U.S. government with mission-critical products, services and solutions for national security. The core technology of Kratos Defense & Security Solutions is to provide precision engineering, manufacturing and system integration services for national security platforms and plans. , Its professional fields cover C5ISR, satellite communication systems, electronic warfare, unmanned control systems, missile defense, cyber warfare, cyber security, information security assurance and critical infrastructure security, etc.
At the end of 2008, the company reorganized its business and divided its operations into 4 departments:
- Technology and Training Solutions (TTS)
- Defense Engineering Solutions (DES)
- Weapons Systems Solutions (Weapons Systems Solutions, WSS)
- Public Safety and Security (PSS)
Historical evolution of Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS):
- In 1994, Wireless Facilities Incorporated (WFI) was established as the predecessor of Kratos Defense & Security Solutions;
- Beginning in 2004, Cretus Security and Defense Corporation began to provide products and services to the US government (mainly the US Department of Defense);
- From 2004 to 2009, the company acquired a number of federal services business companies, including:
- JMA Associates (JMA)
- Madison Research (MRD): Provide engineering and information technology services to government and commercial clients
- Haverstick Consulting: A company that provides services to government agencies, including: engineering, project management, renovation, government outsourcing, facility operation and management, conference and event planning, technology, etc.
- SYS Technologies (SYS): Provide information technology products
- Digital Fusion, Inc (DFI)
- In September 2007, the company changed its name to its current name: Kratos Defense & Security Solutions;
- On July 27, 2011, Cretus Security and Defense merged with Integral Systems, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ: ISYS), which provides information management services for the U.S. government, U.S. military, and aerospace companies, including 6 under Integral Systems. Subsidiaries: Integral Systems Europe, Lumistar, Newpoint Technologies, Inc., RT Logic, SAT Corporation, CVG, Inc.