NeuStar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, USA. It has 2,125 full-time employees. It is a company that provides data sets and proprietary analysis that are difficult to replicate around the world. Its proprietary cloud-based The platform and data sets provide informative real-time analysis that enables customers to take actionable, data-driven decisions. Previously Lockheed Martin ‘s department specialized in call routing and analysis.
NeuStar, Inc. (NSR):
- NeuStar provides marketing services, including customer intelligence services, providing authoritative cloud-based solutions to identify, verify and classify existing and potential customers in real time for marketing initiatives, fraud and risk mitigation; activate services for potential customers and Customers enable online display advertising targeting; and media intelligence platforms, enabling marketers to plan and allocate marketing expenditures for their sales channels and media platforms.
- NeuStar also provides security services such as domain name system solutions that protect the client’s Internet ecosystem and protect applications based on standard transmission control protocols (including websites, email servers, application programming interfaces, and databases); cloud-based distributed denial of service protection Services to help its customers reduce the risk of cyber attacks, downtime and loss of revenue; and authoritative registries of Internet domain names for .biz, .us, .co, .au and .travel top-level domains, as well as international registry gateways and Backend support for gTLDs.
- NeuStar also provides data services, such as carrier provisioning, caller authentication, public short codes, and user authentication and rights management; and number portability management center services, including calls and text messages between communication service providers in the United States Dynamic routing, and related connection services and system enhancements.
NeuStar, Inc. provides services to customers in the communications, financial services, media and advertising, retail and e-commerce, Internet and technology industries.
NeuStar, Inc. (NSR) History:
- In 1998, the company was formally incorporated in Delaware. Neustar was originally established as a business unit of Lockheed Martin in 1996;
- In November 2006, completed the acquisition of Followap, Inc. in the UK;
- In October 2011, Neustar acquired TARGUSInfo;
- On October 30, 2013, Neustar announced the acquisition of Aggregate Knowledge for US$119 million;
- In March 2014, Neustar acquired .CO Internet for US$109 million;
- On September 9, 2015, Neustar, Inc. and Transaction Network Services, Inc. reached an asset purchase agreement;
- On June 21, 2016, Neustar announced the split into two independent listed companies;
- On December 14, 2016, the private equity firm Golden Gate Capital announced the acquisition and privatization of NeuStar, Inc. for US$2.9 billion, causing the latter’s share price to soar by +20.98% .