HRG Group, Inc. (NYSE: HRG) was founded in 1954, formerly known as Harbinger Group Inc., changed its current name in March 2015, headquartered in New York, New York, USA, full-time employees With 16,021 employees, it is a comprehensive enterprise that provides various branded consumer products through its subsidiaries.
Harbinger invests in HRG Group, Inc. (HRG)
Harbinger Investments is a diversified investment holding company that focuses on acquiring companies with undervalued or reasonable assets but with growth potential. HRG Group’s main holdings include :
- Spectrum Brands -global consumer product brands;
- FGL-engaged in life insurance and annuity insurance business;
- Front Street-engaged in long-term reinsurance business;
- HAMCO-an asset management company that provides financing and asset management services across multiple industries;
- Compass-engaged in the operation, acquisition, exploitation and development of traditional oil and natural gas assets.
Harbinger invests in HRG Group, Inc. (HRG) history:
- In 1953, the later President of the United States George HW Bush and his business partners John Overbey, Hugh Liedtke, Bill Liedtke, Thomas J. Devine founded Zapata Oil;
- In 1954, Zapata Off-Shore Company was established as a subsidiary of Zapata Oil;
- From 1998 to 2000, Zapata Corporation tried to position itself as an Internet media company through zap.com;
- In July 1998, Zapata Corporation announced the acquisition of ChatPlanet, TravelPage and DailyStocks.com;
- In 2009, Zapata Corporation changed its name to Harbinger Group Inc., stock code: NYSE: HRG;
- From 2010 to 2011, Harbinger Capital Partners LLC transferred its 54.4% stake in Spectrum Brands to Harbinger Group Inc., making the latter a holding company for Spectrum Brands;
- In 2011, Harbinger Group Inc. acquired the insurance company Old Mutual US Life Holdings, Inc.;
- In 2013, Salus Capital (a unit of the Harbinger Group) and Cerberus Capital Management provided $250 million in financing to the beleaguered retailer RadioShack Corporation.