Team Health Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:TMH) was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, with 18,800 full-time employees. It is a company that provides outsourced medical professionals to hospitals and other healthcare providers in the United States (Physician) and administrative service company.
Update: On October 31, 2016, Blackstone acquired Team Health Holdings, Inc. for $6.1 billion.
Team Health Holdings (TMH):
Team Health Holdings (TMH) is a physician outsourcing company founded by doctors and led by doctors. It is patient-centric. It was originally a provider of administrative services for emergency departments and has become one of the largest providers of medical professionals in the United States .
Team Health Holdings cooperates with medical professionals and then provides professional services in third-party medical institutions. The company provides a range of services, including:
- Recruitment, scheduling, and coordination of clinical and non-clinical medical professionals; coding, billing, and collection of service fees provided by medical professionals; administrative support services such as payroll, professional liability insurance, continuing medical education services and management training; claims and Risk management services; standardized procedures and operational consulting, as well as provision of experienced medical directors.
- Provide surgeon staffing and emergency medical administrative services; kitchen medicine; anesthesia; inpatient services; clerks; mobile nursing; pediatrics; post-acute care; other medical services.
- The company also provides medical management physician-related services; non-doctor staffing services, such as professional service providers, nurses, professional technicians, and administrative staffing of military and government facilities.
- In addition, Team Health Holdings also provides medical call center services, such as: doctor call coverage after get off work, community nurse online, emergency department consultation phone, doctor referral, scheduling, appointment scheduling and Web response.
Team Health Holdings, Inc. provides services to approximately 3,400 civilian and military hospitals, clinics and doctor groups in 47 states in the United States through medical professionals such as doctors, physician assistants, nurses, registered nurses, and anesthesiologists.
Team Health Holdings (TMH) History:
- In 2012, TMH acquired Delphi Healthcare Partners in Morrisville, North Carolina.
- In 2014, Team Health Holdings acquired Emergency Medicine Specialists, Premier Physician Services, Inc., Certified Anesthesia Services (Washington, D.C.), Gulf-to-Bay Anthesthesiology Associates, Florida, and PhysAssist Scribes, Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas.
- In 2015, Team Health Holdings acquired Ruby Crest Emergency Medicine.
- On October 31, 2016, Blackstone acquired Team Health Holdings, Inc. for $6.1 billion.