SCANA Corporation (NYSE: SCG) was founded in 1924 and is headquartered in Casey, South Carolina, USA, with 5,910 full-time employees. It is a company engaged in regulated power and natural gas facility services in South Carolina.
In January 2018, it was reported that Dominion Energy said it would acquire SCANA Corporation for $7.9 billion. The acquisition was completed in January 2019. Scanner company delisted!
SCANA Corporation (SCG):
SCANA Corporation is mainly engaged in power generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to retail and wholesale customers in South Carolina through its subsidiaries. Scanner has nuclear power, coal, water power, natural gas and oil, and biomass power generation facilities. Scanner also acquires, sells and transports natural gas; provides related energy services; owns and operates a fiber optic communication network, an Internet network, and a data center facility in South Carolina.
In addition, Scanner also provides on-site construction, management and leasing services for towers, as well as the sale of towers in South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee.
As of December 31, 2016, Scanner provided electricity service to 709,000 customers, natural gas service to approximately 907,000 retail customers in North and South Carolina, and approximately 450,000 customers in Georgia natural gas.
Scanner provides municipalities, power cooperatives, other investor-owned utilities, registered marketing, and federal and state power agencies. At the same time, it is also provided to the chemical industry, education services, paper products, food, wood and wood products, medical services, textile machinery manufacturing, rubber and various plastic products, metal products and other industries.
SCANA Corporation (SCG) subsidiary:
- South Carolina Electric & Gas Company (SCE&G), the main subsidiary of SCANA, was founded in 1846 (called Charleston Gas Light Company at that time), but its company was actually registered in 1924 under the name Broad River Power Company. In 1925, Broad River acquired the power and natural gas assets of Columbia Railway, Gas and Electric Company. In 1937, Broad River Power Company was renamed South Carolina Electric & Gas Company. In 1942, Lexington Water Power Company merged with SCE&G. Then, in 1948, the company acquired South Carolina Power Company, the predecessor of Charleston Gas Light. In 1984, SCE&G established SCANA Holdings.
- Carolina Gas Transmission (CGTC) is an interstate natural gas pipeline company in South Carolina and Georgia. It was established in November 2006 and was formerly South Carolina Pipeline Company and SCG Pipeline Company. CGTC’s main gas suppliers include Southern Natural Gas Company, Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line Corporation and Southern LNG. (In February 2015, Carolina Gas Transmission was sold to Dominion Resources and is no longer a member of the SCANA family.)
- PSNC Energy, mainly engaged in natural gas procurement, transportation and distribution, provides natural gas to 482,000 customers in Piedmont and North Carolina.
- SCANA Energy Marketing, Inc (SEMI) currently sells natural gas to approximately 500 industrial and commercial customers.
- SCANA Energy (a division of SCANA Energy Marketing, Inc.), Georgia’s second largest natural gas seller, serves more than 460,000 customers.
- SCANA Communications provides a variety of cutting-edge communications solutions.
SCANA Corporation (SCG) investment:
Delisted due to acquisition!