Energy Transfer Partners, LP (formerly NYSE: ETP) was founded in 1995 and is now called Energy Transfer Operating LP. Like its parent company Energy Transfer Equity , it is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and has 8,482 full-time employees. It is a natural gas company Operators mainly operate pipeline systems and propane sales in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico and Utah.
In October 2018, Energy Transfer Equity acquired Energy Transfer Partners and renamed the latter Energy Transfer Operating LP.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP):
Energy Transfer Partners is mainly engaged in natural gas pipeline system operation, natural gas sales and propane sales in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico and Utah. In addition, Energy Transfer Partners is also in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi started their natural gas storage business.
Energy Transfer Partners is divided into several departments to operate:
- State transportation and storage department: owns 7,700 miles of natural gas transmission pipelines and 3 natural gas storage facilities in Texas;
- Intercontinental transportation sector: approximately 12,800 miles of interstate natural gas pipelines and interests in multiple other pipelines;
- Midstream business sector: engages in natural gas extraction, compression and sales in Texas, New Mexico, West Virginia and Louisiana; owns and operates approximately 7,200 miles of natural gas and commercial natural gas (NGL) pipelines;
- Liquid transportation and service sub-sector: mixed transportation of natural gas condensate and other hydrocarbon organic dyes; storage of mixed natural gas condensate, liquid natural gas products and petrochemical products; separation and purification of mixed NGL; has approximately 53 million equivalent barrels of NGL Storage facility
- Sunoco logistics department: engaged in the extraction, purchase and sale of crude oil in the central part of the United States. This department owns and operates approximately 2,400 miles of refined oil pipelines;
- Retail Sales Department-Provide gasoline and fractionated oil for wholesalers, unbranded retailers, convenience stores and other commercial customers.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) history:
- The company was founded in 1995 by Kelcy Warren and Ray Davis.
- In October 2012, Energy Transmission Partners acquired Sunoco, Inc., obtaining the benefits of general partners, 100% incentive distribution rights, and 32.4% limited partnership equity of Sunoco Logistics Partners LP. Sunoco Logistics Partners operates geographically diversified Chemical crude oil and refined oil pipeline portfolio and crude oil acquisition and marketing assets.
- In 2012, the company acquired Southern Union Company (Southern Union Company).
- In August 2014, the company acquired Susser Holdings Corporation, which operates Stripes, a chain of more than 580 convenience stores in Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma. These chains are Sunoco Renamed with A-Plus brand.
- In January 2015, the company acquired Regency Energy Partners for $11 billion.
- In October 2018, Energy Transfer Partners, LP was acquired by Energy Transfer Equity and renamed Energy Operating LP, and the stock was delisted.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) investment:
Delisted due to acquisition!