Israel Chemicals Ltd. (NYSE: ICL, TASE: ICL) was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel. It has 13,558 full-time employees. It operates as a global professional mineral company and is engaged in fertilizer and specialty chemicals business. .
Israel Chemicals (ICL):
The Israeli Chemical Company is engaged in the development, production and sale of fertilizers, metals and other special purpose chemical products. ICL mainly serves three markets: agriculture, food and engineering materials. ICL produces about one-third of the world’s bromine and is the world’s sixth largest potash fertilizer producer. It is a manufacturer of specialty fertilizers and specialty phosphates, flame retardants, and water treatment solutions.
Israel Chemistry is divided into 3 departments to operate : Fertilizers (fertilizer), Industrial Products (industrial products), Performance Products (performance products).
- Fertilizers -extract potash from the Dead Sea; produce potash and salt from underground mines, and use part of potash to produce compound fertilizers; mine and process phosphate rock in open mines; produce sulfuric acid, agricultural phosphoric acid, phosphate fertilizer, Compound fertilizer, liquid fertilizer and soluble fertilizer. The department also produces compound fertilizers in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium; liquid fertilizers and soluble fertilizers in Spain; slow and controlled release fertilizers in the Netherlands and the United States; and phosphate food additives in Turkey and Israel.
- Industrial Products -produces bromine and bromine-based compounds in Sodom as a by-product of potash fertilizer production; produces chlorine-based products in the United States and Israel; produces flame retardants and phosphorus-based products, and Extract salt, magnesium oxide and chlorine from Dead Sea brine.
- Performance Products ——Purchase clean phosphoric acid and manufacture thermal phosphoric acids, which are used to manufacture downstream products and phosphates. The products can be used to manufacture food additives, raw materials for sanitary products, flame retardants, and fire extinguishing products; The department also manufactures phosphorus-based phosphorus derivatives; specialty products based on aluminate; and other raw materials.
90% of ICL’s products are exported, and it is a major player in many markets around the world. ICL through its subsidiaries:
- Produce 35% of the world’s bromine;
- 11% of the world’s potash fertilizer production and 13% of the international potash trade (excluding cross-border trade between the United States and Canada);
- 9% of western world primary magnesium (magnesium) consumption;
- 3% of world phosphate rock production, 3% of international phosphate rock trade (excluding cross-border trade between the United States and Canada);
- One of the most complete manufacturers and suppliers of phosphate products in the world.