Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It has 11,060 full-time employees. It is a credit card, debit card, electronic payment, and inspection related company. The company’s services provide payment solutions, the main competitors are First Data , Vantiv, Inc., etc.
Global Payments, Inc. (GPN):
Global Exchange Co., Ltd. has two businesses: North American business services and international business services.
Universal Payments provides processing solutions for credit card, debit card, electronic payment and check related services.
Global Payment’s services include terminal sales and settings, authorization processing, settlement and fund processing, customer support and service desk functions, chargeback resolution, industry regulations, payment card industry security, consolidated billing and settlement statements, and online reading take.
Global Payments Inc. also provides VIP LightSpeedpatented software to allow customers in casinos in the United States and Canada to withdraw the maximum amount of cash. Global Payments Inc. provides credit and debit card transaction processing services to various international card brands including American Express , China UnionPay, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and Visa , as well as certain Domestic debit card network, such as Interac in Canada.
In addition, Global Payments Limited provides services to various industries, including financial institutions, games, government, health care, professional services, restaurants, retail, universities, non-profit organizations, and public utilities.
Global Payments Co., Ltd. sells through direct sales of manpower, trade associations, integrated payment technology, agents and enterprise software suppliers, value-added distributors, independent sales organizations and patented telemarketing groups mainly in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Brazil Its products and services.
Global Payments, Inc. (GPN) History:
- In 1967, National Data Corporation, the former parent company of Global Payments Inc., was founded;
- In 2001, Global Payments Co., Ltd. IPO, landed on the NYSE
- In October 2012, Global Payments Inc. acquired Accelerated Payment Technologies (APT) from Great Hill Partners for US$413 million;
- In October 2014, Global Payments Limited acquired Ezi Holdings Pty Ltd (Ezidebit), an Australian integrated payment company, for US$268 million;
- In early January 2015, Global Payments Inc. announced the acquisition of Payment Processing, Inc. (PayPros) for US$420 million;
- In March 2015, Global Payments Co., Ltd. acquired Europe’s largest and fastest-growing payment gateway and a series of technical services for corporate online sales-Realex Payments for 115 million euros;
- In June 2015, Global Payments Inc. acquired Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE: FIS) game assets from Certegy Check Services Inc .;
- In December 2015, Universal Payments established a joint venture with Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), the largest bank in the Philippines, to provide Philippine companies with acquisition and payment services;
- On December 15, 2015, Global Payments Inc. announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (formerly NYSE: HPY), a payment service company .
- On April 25, 2016, Global Payments Inc. completed the acquisition of Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. and the latter was delisted.
- On May 24, 2019, Global Payments agreed to acquire Georgia-based competitor Total System Services (TSS) for a total value of US$21.5 billion , marking the third major merger of the payments industry this year. The first two were: Fiserv (FISV) acquired payment processor First Data (FDC) for US$22 billion in January this year ; and on March 18, Fidelity National Information Services (FIS), one of the largest financial service technology providers in the United States ) The acquisition of competitor Worldpay (WP) for $35 billion in cash and stock .