Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV) was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with 3,516 full-time employees. It is a financial information system service provider.
Envestnet is a leading provider of integrated investment portfolio, practice management and reporting solutions for financial advisory companies and institutions. Its open architecture platform covers a wide range of institutional quality research, investment products and consulting resources, Envestnet Advisor Suite ™ can help customers solve complex problems, so as to bring and promote your success. To put it simply, Envestnet, Inc. is a financial information company that provides investment information services.
History of Envestnet (ENV):
- In 1999, Envestnet was founded;
- In 2000, the Chicago headquarters was determined and an office was established in New York, with 50 employees;
- In 2001, it cooperated with two large brokerage firms to provide services, support and technology to 5,000 financial experts around the world. In the same year, it acquired Portfolio Management Consultants (PMC), a leader in the account management industry;
- In 2003, signed a cooperation agreement with two large banks, with 130 employees;
- In 2004, Envestnet acquired two financial software companies: Oberon Financial Technology and NetAssetManagement;
- In 2005, the number of cooperative companies reached 290;
- In 2006, Envestnet pioneered Unified Managed Account (UMA);
- In 2007, PMC Funds was established. In the same year, platform funds reached 82 billion US dollars, with 590,000 accounts, and established cooperative relations with 550 companies;
- In 2008, Envestnet released the first Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) platform-The Sustainability Platform™. In the same year, there were 760 cooperative companies;
- In 2009, Envestnet|PMC released a tax solution-PMC Tax Management Services. In the same year, platform funds reached 89 billion U.S. dollars, with 685,000 accounts, and established cooperative relationships with more than 900 companies, with 400 employees;
- In 2010, Envestnet released an asset evaluation and analysis system-Unified Managed Household (UMH). On July 29 of the same year, the company’s IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, stock code: ENV;
- In 2011, Envestnet released the advanced reporting service Vantage Reporting Solutions. In the same year, it reached a cooperation agreement with ByAllAccounts Inc. and DST Systems, Inc.. In December, Envestnet acquired FundQuest Inc.;
- In 2012, Envestnet acquired Prima Capital Holdings, Inc., with 650 employees;
- In 2013, Envestnet released a new generation platform-ENV 2;
- In 2014, Envestnet acquired Placemark Holdings, Inc., the leading developer of Unified Managed Accounts (UMA). As of October 31 of that year, platform funds reached 683 billion U.S. dollars, with 2.8 million accounts and 1,200 employees;
- On August 10, 2015, Envestnet acquired Yodlee Inc., a leading technology and application platform for digital financial services, for USD 660 million (formerly NASDAQ: YDLE, delisted);
- In November 2017, the company launched a redesigned Tamarac platform.