Kajima Corporation (OTC PINK: KAJMY, KAJMF, TYO: 1812) was established in 1840 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is a global company engaged in construction, real estate development and management, construction and engineering design and other activities .
Kajima Corporation (KAJMY):
Kashima Construction Co., Ltd. is a large-scale construction company in Japan. Its head office is located in Minato-ku, Tokyo. It is the five major construction companies in Japan with Shimizu Construction , Takenaka Engineering Store, Obayashi Group, and Dasei Construction.
Kashima Construction’s services include design, engineering, construction and real estate development. Kashima builds high-rise buildings, railways, power plants, dams and bridges. Its subsidiaries are located in Asia, Oceania, Europe and North America. In the second half of the 1990s, the downturn in the construction industry prompted Kashima to expand its business into the environmental field, especially waste treatment, water treatment, soil remediation and environmental consulting.
- Kashima Construction provides procurement and construction services, including the sales and leasing of construction equipment and materials, as well as the subcontracting of various construction projects; foundation improvement, infrastructure construction and soil restoration; paving roads, bridges, airports, etc., and paving materials Production and sales of marine ports and coastal protection and geological surveys; calculation and preparation of construction plans; environmental and consulting work around water and waste; construction machinery manufacturing; repair and reinforcement of civil engineering structures, and sales of repair materials; And comprehensive facilities construction and renovation services.
- Kashima Construction Company also provides building management services; real estate leasing and operation management services and hotel management; real estate brokerage and appraisal services.
- In addition, Kashima Construction also provides travel agencies, product sales and business services; temporary staffing and human resource placement and event planning services; planning and construction projects, as well as building and equipment leasing; information and communication technology infrastructure and various computer system design, Operation and management; waste collection, transportation and treatment; public relations and advertising planning and production and video production services; real estate asset management and consulting, and trust-beneficial trading and brokerage.
- In addition, Kashima Construction Company also provides book publishing; hotel, golf course and ski resort services; greening and beautifying the environment, mountain forest management, and property, casualty and life insurance agency services.
The main projects of Kajima Corporation (KAJMY):
- Kuzuryu Dam (Proprietor: Kinki Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Power Development)
- Miyaze Dam (provider: Kanto Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism)
- Koror-Barbetuapu Bridge (Japan-パラオ亲善の桥)
- Kobe Crystal Tower (design and construction)
- Fuji Sankei Group Building (フジテレビ Headquarters Building)
- Fukagawa Yuzuria
- Xiaguan Building
- Matsushiro Ohmoto
- National New Museum
- Shinjuku Park Tower
- Supreme Court
- Ryogoku National Museum
- United Aino Harajuku Main Store
- Goddess Bridge
- Hakone Lalique Museum
- Baseball field
- Seibu Dome (ドームChemical Affairs)
- Nagoya Gymnasium (Earthquake Resistant Reinforcement Center in Inno Field and Renovation Works. In charge of Nagoya Branch)
- Miyagi Stadium
- Preservation and restoration works at Tokyo Station Marunouchi Station (completed on October 1, 2012)
- Nuclear power plants across Japan
- Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (Ontology Building)
- Nuclear power plant
- Kashiwazaki Kariya Nuclear Power Plant
- Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant
- Nakano Central Park・South
- TOTO ミュージアム
- Tokorozawa Sakura Town (to be completed in the spring of 2020)
- New Media Park
- Chikushi Tunnel Nanhata Work Area
Kajima Corporation (KAJMY) History:
- In 1840, Kashima Iwakichi started his business in Edo under the name “Oiwa”.
- In 1860, Kashima created the first Western-style building in Yokohama (Ei-Ichiban Kan).
- In 1880, the “Kashima Group” was established, and in 1930 it was restructured as “Kashima Construction Co., Ltd.”
- In 1899, railway construction projects in South Korea and Taiwan began.
- In 1923, after the Great Kanto Earthquake, Kashima Construction participated in the reconstruction work.
- In 1930, the company was incorporated (issued shares, capital of 3 million yen).
- In 1945, the post-war reconstruction began with Kashima’s support.
- In 1949, the Kajima Technical Research Institute, the first architectural research institution in Japan, was established.
- In 1950, the first joint venture was established with Morrison-Knudsen.
- In 1957, Japan’s first nuclear reactor (the Tokai JRR-1 reactor of the Japan Institute of Atomic Energy) was built.
- In 1959, construction of the Tokaido Shinkansen began.
- In 1961, Kashima Construction Company listed on the Tokyo and Osaka stock exchanges.
- In 1963, based on the total contract value, it became the world’s number one company in construction projects.
- In 1963, the 1964 Tokyo Olympics facilities were constructed.
- In 1964, Kajima International Incorporated (KII) was established in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- In 1968, Japan’s first high-rise building, Kasumigaseki Building was completed.
- In 1975, established a joint venture PT. Waskita Kajima with Waskita Karya.
- In 1983, Kashima established the Taiwan subsidiary “Zhonglu Construction Co., Ltd.”.
- In 1987, Kajima Europe BV (KE) was established in the Netherlands.
- From 1987 to 1990, Kashima entered the Greater China region and established a Hong Kong branch. The Hong Kong branch is located at Union Kashima Building, 136-138 Gloucester Road, Wanchai.
- In 1988, Kajima Overseas Asia Pte Ltd. (KOA) was established in Singapore.
- In 1988, the Seikan Tunnel, the longest tunnel in the world, was completed.
- In 1994, Kansai International Airport was completed.
- In 1998, the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge was completed.
- In 1998, it purchased all of Waskita Karya’s shares in Waskita Kajima, making Kajima the company’s majority shareholder. The company subsequently changed its name to Kajima Indonesia.
- In 2001, the Suez Canal Bridge was completed.
- In 2002, Hawaiian Dredging was acquired from Dillingham Construction.
- In 2003, Kashima (Shanghai) Construction Co., Ltd. was established.
- In 2010, the Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore was completed.
- In 2011, the company completed the construction of Dubai Metro (Phase 1 and Phase 2).
Kajima Corporation (KAJMY) investment: