Amira Nature Foods Ltd. (NYSE: RYCE) was founded in 1915 and is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with 135 full-time employees. It is a company engaged in the processing, purchasing and sales of packaged Indian specialty rice.
Amira Nature Foods (RYCE):
Amira Nature Foods Ltd is an Indian food company known for processing and distributing basmati rice and related foods. It is one of the largest distributors of basmati rice grown in India in the world.
Amira Natural Foods provides various types of basmati rice, specialty rice and other foods, ready-to-eat snacks, edible oil and organic products to retailers under the Amira brand; and non-basmati rice .
Amila Natural Foods also sells commodities to trading companies, including wheat, barley, beans, corn, sugar, soybean meal, onions, potato and millet products, as well as third-party brand products.
Amila Natural Foods sells its products to buyers in Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and North America; and distributors and retail chains in India.
Amira Nature Foods (RYCE) History:
- Amira Nature Foods Ltd. was founded in 1915 under the name Nav Bharat by BD Chanana as a trading place for buying and selling local beans. The company was later taken over by Karam Chanana, the son of BD Chanana.
- In 1968, Anil Chanana, the third-generation family successor, joined the company and changed its name to Amira, focusing on exporting.
- Karan A. Chanana, the current chairman and CEO, is the fourth-generation operator of his family. The company is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with offices in India, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. Amira Nature Foods Ltd is the parent company of the Indian subsidiary Amira Pure Foods, which operates a 310,000 square foot processing and milling facility in the Basmati rice field production area in northern India.
- Since 2008, the company has been selling products under the Amira brand.
- Amira Nature Foods Ltd was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in October 2012.
- In December 2013, in order to further expand the European market, Amira announced the acquisition of Basmati Rice GmbH. Basmati Rice GmbH is a German-based rice distributor that mainly distributes Basmati. This is Amira Nature Foods’ first acquisition since its listing.
- In 2014, Amira Pure Foods announced an electronic retail partnership with Snapdeal to sell its basmati rice online.
- Throughout 2015 and 2016, Amira Nature Foods Ltd announced the launch of a series of new retail distribution in the United States, including Amazon.com , Cost Plus World Market, Jewel Osco, Publix and Shaw’s Supermarket.
- Amira organic rice products were launched in the United States in 2015 and are stored and sold at retailers including Costco and Whole Foods Market .