Genesco Inc. (NYSE: GCO) was founded in 1924 and is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, with 5,775 full-time employees. It is a retailer of shoes, hats, apparel and accessories.
Genesco is a shoe and hat retailer. In addition, it also sells clothing and accessories. It operates Journeys, Dockers, Johnston&Murphy and other brands.
Genesco has five main groups/brands: Journeys Group, Schuh Group, Lids Sports Group, Johnston & Murphy Group, and Licensed Brands.
- Journeys Group-Operating Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Shi by Journeys and Underground by Journeys retail stores, selling men’s, women’s and children’s footwear and accessories. In addition, the group also sells its branded products through e-commerce.
- Schuh Group-through Schuh retail stores and e-commerce, selling sports shoes and casual shoes for men and women aged 15-30.
- Lids Sports Group-operating Lids, Hat World and Hat Shack brands of hats and accessories stores; providing licensed products (such as: clothing, hats, accessories, sports decorations, etc.) and novel sports products; locker room rental; competitive sports product distributors ; E-commerce, etc.
- Johnston & Murphy Group-operates Johnston & Murphy retail stores, wholesale stores and e-commerce platforms, mainly providing clothing, accessories and footwear products for men aged 35-55.
- Licensed brand-provides branded casual shoes and formal casual shoes for men aged 30-55, as well as professional boots & shoes under the SureGripFootwear brand.
As of March 11, 2016, Genesco opened a total of 2,850 retail stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland. In addition, Gnesco also sells its products online.
As of February 2, 2019, the company operated approximately 1,512 retail stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Germany. The company’s Internet sites include: journeys.com, journeyskidz.com, journeys.ca, schuh.co.uk, littleburgundyshoes.com, johnstonmurphy.com and trask.com.
Gnesco Genesco (GCO) investment:
It is recommended to wait and see for now! Apparel stocks recommend paying attention to Ralph Lauren & Carter .