Capri Holdings Limited (NYSE: CPRI) was founded in 1981, formerly known as Michael Kors Holdings Limited (formerly NYSE: KORS), which was changed to the current one on January 2, 2019. By name, headquartered in London, England, with 10,834 employees worldwide, it is a light luxury goods company whose main products are high-end men’s and women’s fashion, handbags, shoes, perfumes, and various other accessories. The products have been sold to more than 90 worldwide country.
Capri Holdings Limited (CPRI):
Capri Holdings Limited is a multinational fashion holding company, incorporated in the British Virgin Islands, with its main executive office in London and its operating headquarters in New York. It was founded in 1981 by American designer Michael Kors. The company sells clothes, shoes, watches, handbags and other accessories. According to a 2015 survey, Michael Kors handbags have always been a popular trend among girls.
In 2015, Michael Kors had more than 550 stores and more than 1,500 in-store (in-shopping) boutiques in various countries/regions. As of April 1, 2017, Michael Kors has opened a total of 398 stores in the United States, Canada and Latin America, and opened 429 international stores in other countries around the world (mainly Europe and Asia); in addition, in the United States and Canada , France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, China and Japan operate online e-commerce sales platforms.
Capri Holdings Limited designs, markets, distributes and retails branded men’s and women’s clothing and accessories in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Capri Holdings is divided into three divisions: Versace (Versace), Jimmy Choo (Jimmy Choo), Michael Kors (Mike Gao Shi).
- Versace -This department provides ready-to-wear, accessories, footwear and home furnishings through a distribution network including department stores and specialty stores and boutiques, and sells them through Versace e-commerce sites in the United States, Europe and China. The department also licenses the Versace brand and trademark to third parties to retail and/or wholesale its products; and has license agreements with the production and sales of jeans, perfumes, watches and glasses. As of March 28, 2020, the department operates 206 retail stores, including franchising; and 824 wholesale locations.
- Jimmy Choo -This department sells luxury footwear, handbags and small leather goods through the directly operated Jimmy Choo store and the Jimmy Choo e-commerce website. The department also licenses Jimmy Choo’s brand and trademark to third parties to retail and/or wholesale its products; and has license agreements for the manufacture and sale of perfumes, sunglasses and glasses. As of March 28, 2020, the department operates 226 retail stores, including franchise rights; and 554 wholesale locations.
- Michael Kors -This department provides accessories, footwear and clothing through retail stores, department stores, specialty stores and selected licensed partners as well as the Michael Kors e-commerce website. The department also licenses the Michael Kors brand and trademark to third parties to retail and/or wholesale its products; and has a license agreement for the manufacture and sale of watches, jewelry, perfumes, beauty and eyewear. As of March 28, 2020, the department operated 839 retail stores, including franchise rights; and 2,982 wholesale locations.
Capri Holdings Limited (CPRI) history:
- In 1981, Michael Kors Limited Liability Company (LLC) was established;
- In 1984, Michael Kors held his first personal fashion show;
- In 1998, Michael Kors became the creative director of Celine, a French fashion brand under LVMH;
- In 2000, Michael Kors opened its first flagship store on Madison Avenue in New York City;
- In 2003, SPORTSWEAR HOLDINGS LIMITED purchased a major share of Michael Kors, and Michael Kors signed a perfume contract with Estee Lauder;
- In 2004, MICHAEL MichaelKors accessories and clothing series went on the market, and Michael Kors cooperated with Fossil to market watch series;
- In 2005, Michael Kors cooperated with Marchon Eyewear to market the eyewear series;
- In 2006, Michael Kors’ first Lifestyle store opened;
- In 2009, Michael matched outfits for the White House portrait photography of Michelle Obama, the first lady of the United States;
- In 2010, Michael Kors won the CFDA (National Association of Fashion Designers) Lifetime Achievement Award;
- In 2011, Michael Kors opened a store on Rue St. Honoré in Paris, and at the same time opened a new NYC Collection New York flagship store on Madison Avenue in New York;
- In 2014, Michael Kors opened its first flagship store in Asia in Shanghai Kerry Center;
- On July 24, 2017, Michael Kors agreed to acquire high-end shoe manufacturer Jimmy Choo Ltd. for US$1.2 billion (£896 million);
- After trading on January 2, 2019, Michael Kors Holdings Limited was renamed Capri Holdings Limited.
Capri Holdings Limited (CPRI) investment:
Michael Kors was listed on the New York Stock Exchange on December 15, 2011, with an issue price of US$20. The IPO issued a total of 47.2 million shares and raised US$944 million, with Morgan Stanley , JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs as the underwriters.