Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SWX) was founded in 1931 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, with 6,277 full-time employees. It is a natural gas (gas) utility company located in Arizona, Nevada and California purchases, distributes, and transmits natural gas.
Southwest Gas Holdings (SWX):
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. is mainly divided into two operations: Natural Gas Operations and Construction Services.
As of December 31, 2016, Southwest Gas had 1.984 million residential, commercial and industrial natural gas users.
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. also operates its business through a subsidiary, an underground pipeline contractor, which mainly provides trenching, installation, replacement, and maintenance services for the energy distribution system of utility companies.
In addition, Southwest Gas also provides construction and maintenance services for the utility industry, as well as industrial construction solutions, manufacturing and civil services to the oil and gas, pulp and paper, and automotive industries, as well as the British Columbia and Ontario in Canada Provincial government and private sector customers.
Southwest Gas Holdings (SWX) History:
- In 1931, the company was founded in Barstow, California;
- In 1953, began to provide natural gas services to Southern Nevada;
- In 1954, Southwest Gas began to provide natural gas services to Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada;
- On January 24, 1956, Southwest Gas Corporation became a listed company;
- In 1957, acquired Natural Gas Service of Arizona and entered Arizona;
- In 1963, completed the construction of a 250-mile natural gas pipeline in Northern Nevada;
- In 1979, Southwest Gas acquired Tucson Electric Power;
- In 1984, Southwest Gas acquired Arizona Public Service Company and added Phoenix regional gas supply;
- In 2005, Southwest Gas acquired the California business of Avista Corporation .