MorphoSys AG (NASDAQ: MOR) was founded in 1992 and was reorganized into a German stock company (AG) in June 1998, headquartered in Planegg, Germany, with 340 full-time employees (3/31/2019), a late-stage biopharmaceutical company The company is committed to developing innovative and differentiated therapies for patients with serious diseases.
MorphoSys AG (MOR):
MorphoSys AG is a German biotechnology company engaged in antibody development and research. MorphoSys has been listed on TecDAX since 2004. MorphoSys produces human antibodies that contain 100% human protein. The company named the technology “HuCal” (Human Combination Antibody Library), which is an antibody production method based on phage display.
Based on MorphoSys’ proprietary technology platform and leading position in the field of therapeutic antibody discovery, generation and engineering, the company and its partners have jointly participated in the development of more than 100 therapeutic products.
MorphoSys’ extensive product line covers two business segments:
Proprietary Development (proprietary development) -MorphoSys invests in and develops candidate products, mainly including (top 3):
- MOR208 -an investigative humanized Fc engineered monoclonal antibody against CD19. CD19 is a target for the treatment of B-cell malignancies, including DLBCL, follicular lymphoma (FL), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), etc. On October 23, 2017, the FDA granted BTD permission to use MOR208 combined with lenalidomide to treat patients with r/r DLBCL who are not suitable for high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation. The BTD was awarded based on the interim results of a single phase 2 L-MIND study as of June 13, 2017, which showed that 23 of 44 patients (overall response rate or ORR of 52%) were effective, and based on the investigator The estimated 11.3 months of progression-free survival based on Kaplan Meier curve for response assessment.
- MOR202 -an investigative human monoclonal HuCAL antibody against CD38. MOR202 is currently undergoing a phase I/IIa clinical study for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma or (r / r MM).
- MOR106 -a human monoclonal antibody against IL-17C, currently under clinical development for the treatment of atopic dermatitis (AD). MorphoSys believes that MOR106 is the first antibody against IL-17C in clinical development worldwide. MOR106 is also the first antibody to enter clinical development on the Ylanthia platform of MorphoSys.
Partnered Discovery (cooperative development) -MorphoSys generates candidate products for partners in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries based on the goals determined by the partners. Mainly include (top 2):
- Tremfya®, a HuCAL antibody against IL-23 sold by MorphoSys’ partner Janssen for the treatment of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, was launched in the United States in 2017 and obtained marketing approval in the European Union and Canada in 2017. MorphoSys is entitled to royalties on Tremfya® net sales. Janssen is currently studying other phase III trials of Tremfya® in the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and plans to develop this product in Crohn’s disease.
- Gantenerumab, a HuCAL antibody against amyloid beta, is being developed by Roche for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
MorphoSys currently has 28 product candidates in clinical development, including the company’s most advanced patented product candidate product MOR208, which is used to treat relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (r/r DLBCL). The company believes that its new and differentiated product candidates have the potential to treat serious diseases and improve the lives of patients.
MorphoSys technology platform:
- HuCAL (Human Combinatorial Antibody Library)-Human Combinatorial Antibody Library, HuCAL is the company’s original technology platform, which constitutes a collection or “library” of billions of fully human antibodies.
- Ylanthia-Ylanthia is MorphoSys’ latest antibody library, which contains more than 100 billion fully human antibodies.
- Lanthipeptides-The lanthipeptide platform opens up new possibilities for the discovery of candidate products based on highly specific and stable peptides designed to bind and activate only one target receptor subtype.
MorphoSys AG (MOR) investment:
MorphoSys AG (NASDAQ:MOR) submitted its IPO prospectus on 3/22/2018, and plans to land on Nasdaq on 4/19/2018. The issue price is US$24.12, and 8.3 million shares will be issued. Fund-raising US$230,225,400.00, stock code: MOR.