Nautilus Sports (Nautilus) Nautilus, Inc. (NYSE: NLS) was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, USA, with 460 full-time employees. It is a consumer fitness product company in the United States, Canada and internationally. Design, develop, purchase and sell aerobic fitness products and related accessories for consumers.
Nautilus Sports (Nautilus) Nautilus (NLS):
Nautilus Sports is an American developer and manufacturer of home fitness equipment, with brands including Bowflex, Nautilus, Schwinn Fitness, and Universal. Provide specialized aerobic exercise machines, exercise bikes, treadmills, home gyms, dumbbells, etc. under the Nautilus, Bowflex, Octane Fitness, Schwinn and Universal brands.
In addition, Nautilus is also engaged in brand licensing and intellectual property business.
Nautilus is divided into two departments to operate: Direct (direct sales), Retail (retail).
Nautilus Sports provides products directly to consumers through TV advertising, catalogs and the Internet; and sells its products through a network of retail companies consisting of sporting goods stores, Internet retailers, large and warehouse stores, as well as specialty retailers and independent bicycle dealers .
Nautilus Sports (Nautilus) Nautilus (NLS) History:
- In 1986, founded the company;
- Bowflex acquired Nautilus, which specializes in designing, developing and marketing strength and aerobic fitness products;
- In 1997, the company changed its name to Direct Focus;
- In May 1999, Nautilus IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- During 1999-2002, acquired Nautilus, Schwinn and StairMaster;
- In 2011, Nautilus Sports stopped selling sports equipment to gyms and shifted its focus to home fitness equipment;
- In June 2014, Nautilus was sued by Biosig Instruments for allegedly infringing on the heart rate monitor design of its Bowflex Boost activity tracker; however, it was ultimately not supported by the Supreme Court;
- Nautilus has been a friendly company of the American Heart Health Association since 2010 and has won the Platinum Fit-Friendly Workplace Award for three consecutive years.