Travel zoo (tourist family) Travelzoo (NASDAQ: TZOO) was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in New York, New York, USA. It has 442 full-time employees. Together with its subsidiaries, it is obtained from travel and entertainment companies and local companies in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America And provide travel, entertainment and local discounts.
Travel zoo (tourist family) Travelzoo (TZOO):
Travelzoo is an Internet company that publishes offers from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local businesses such as restaurants and spas. It has 28 million members in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, and 25 offices worldwide.
The company’s publications and products include the Travelzoo website; Travelzoo iPhone and Android apps; Travelzoo Top 20 email newsletters; and Newsflash email reminder service.
Travelzoo also operates the Travelzoo Network, a network of third-party websites that lists travel deals issued by the company; local deals and Getaway services, allowing its subscribers to purchase local businesses (including spas, hotels, and restaurants) through the Travelzoo website coupon.
Tourist companies serve airlines, hotels, cruise companies, vacation packagers, tour operators, vacation destinations, car rental companies, travel agencies, theaters and performing arts groups, restaurants, spas, and event companies.
- The positioning of Travelzoo: boutique, elite, precise and refined
- Travelzoo’s business model: media + e-commerce
- Travelzoo’s values: focus on innovation, extreme openness
- Travelzoo’s vision: to be a great light company
Travel zoo (tourist family) Travelzoo (TZOO) history:
- In October 1998, Travelzoo founder Ralph Battelle (former print and television reporter) launched Travelzoo.com with an initial investment of US$10,000.
- In September 2000, Travelzoo released its first TOP 20 list and sent 1 million US members via email.
- In December 2003, Travelzoo was publicly traded on the Nasdaq SmallCap market under the stock code “TZOO”.
- In April 2004, Travelzoo announced that the company’s publications had reached more than 7 million members, an increase of 75% from the 4 million members calculated by Travelzoo in April 2003.
- On March 31, 2006, Forbes.com rated Travelzoo as one of the best websites for travel-related information and travel deals.
- In 2015, Travelzoo acquired Travelzoo Asia Pacific.
- In October 2015, Travelzoo CEO Chris Loughlin announced that he would resign at the end of the year and be temporarily replaced by Chairman Holger Bartel.