Air Methods Corporation (NASDAQ: AIRM) was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, with 4,554 full-time employees. Together with its subsidiaries, it provides helicopter operations in the United States and provides emergency medical transportation services across the United States to hospitals.
Air Methods Corporation (AIRM):
Air Methods Corporation provides air medical emergency transportation services and systems in the United States. Its Domestic Air Medical Division serves 48 states and Haiti, providing emergency medical services to 100,000 patients each year. Air Methods was established by Roy Morgan and began air transportation medical operations in 1980. In 1991, the IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange and traded under the AIRM code.
Air Methods Corporation is divided into three divisions : Air Medical Services (AMS), Tourism (Tourism) and United Rotorcraft (UR).
- AMS Department : Provides air medical transportation services to the general public, hospitals and organizations that have signed exclusive operating cooperation agreements in an independent manner. Services include aircraft operation and maintenance, medical care, dispatch and communications, medical billing and collection. As of December 31, 2015, the department’s aircraft fleet included 321 company-owned aircraft and 92 leased aircraft, as well as 54 customer aircraft, and AMS signed a contract with them for operation.
- Tourism department : provide air sightseeing and charter flights, mainly in the Grand Canyon and Hawaiian Islands. The department sells through its website and agents, such as online booking companies, hotels, resorts, and cruise companies. The department operates 65 helicopters and 2 fixed-wing aircraft.
- UR Department : Responsible for the design, manufacture, installation and certification of modular medical internal equipment, multi-task internal equipment, and other aviation and medical transportation supplies. The service targets are domestic and foreign customers. This department also provides quality assurance and certification service.
Air Methods Corporation (AIRM) History:
In October 2007, Air Methods purchased CJ Systems Aviation Group, which is a leading provider of aviation medical transportation;
- In 2011, Air Methods acquired Omniflight Helicopters, Inc. and operated it as an independent subsidiary;
- In July 2011, Air Methods (Air Methods International, Ltd.) established a joint venture company Helistar, AS with Basari Holding, AS and Anka Aerospace & Defense, LLC;
- In 2016, Air Methods acquired Tri-State Care Flight.