Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana (NASDAQ:HFBL) was founded in 1924 and is headquartered in Shreveport, Louisiana, USA. It has 54 full-time employees. It is a regional bank holding company through holdings in Home Federal Bank, Home Federal Bank is a federally chartered savings bank that provides financial services to individuals, business entities and other organizations in the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan area.
Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana (HFBL):
Since 1924, Home Federal has been locally managed in Shreveport. It is a full-service bank. The company provides a variety of financial options and will help you provide loans to suit your personal lifestyle.
Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana accepts various deposits, such as passbook savings, certificate of deposit, and demand deposit accounts.
Home Federal Bank also provides residential real estate loans for one to four households; commercial real estate mortgage loans; multi-family residential loans; commercial loans; land loans; construction loans; home equity and second mortgage loans; equity credit lines; consumer non-real estate Loans include loans secured by deposit accounts, auto loans, overdrafts and other unsecured loans.
Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana operates through its headquarters and seven full-service branches in Shreveport and Bossier, Louisiana.
Home Federal Bancorp, Inc. of Louisiana (HFBL) History:
- When Home Federal opened on April 1, 1924, George M. Hearne was president and Amos L. Wedgeworth was manager.
- In 1934, George M. Hearne retired, and Guy Oakes served as president from 1934 to 1935.
- Amos L. Wedgeworth became president in 1936 and retired in 1964. He remained chairman of the board of directors until his death in 1977.
- David A. Herndon (Jr.) was hired in 1933 and became president in 1964. He retired as chairman on March 1, 1981, and remained chairman of the board until 1983. His eldest son David A. Herndon III (David A. Herndon III) is currently a member of the company’s board of directors.
- Sidney D. York was hired on August 29, 1953, and became president on March 1, 1981. He retired on September 1, 1993 and continued to serve as the chairman of the board of directors until March 31, 1996. Mr. York retired from the board of directors on January 21, 1998.
- Dan R. Herndon (son of David A. Herndon, Jr.) joined Home Federal in 1963 and became the Federal President on September 1, 1993. He retired from the position of President on February 20, 2009 and currently serves as Chairman of the Home Federal Board of Directors.
- Jim Barlow was appointed President and Chief Operating Officer on February 20, 2009. He was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Home Federal Bank on January 1, 2013, and now he serves as President and Chief Operating Officer of Home Federal Bancorp, Inc., the parent company of Home Federal Bank Holdings.