Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ: CREE) was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, USA. It has 6,387 full-time employees. It is an IC composite material supplier with silicon carbide and gallium nitride materials. LED manufacturers.
Cree, Inc. (CREE):
Cree, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacturing and sales of lighting and LED, power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductor products, and its business scope includes the United States, China, Europe, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan and all over the world.
- LED department: provide blue and green chips for video screens, game displays, function indicators and automotive backlights, headlights and direction indicators; LED components include LED packaging products for lighting, as well as SMD LEDs and plug-in LEDs Packaging products, used in video, sign, general lighting, transportation, game consoles and special lighting applications; silicon carbide (SiC) raw materials, mainly used in the manufacture of RF, power switches, gems and others.
- Lighting product department: Provide LED and traditional lighting systems, used in offices, retail markets, restaurants, hospitals, schools, universities, manufacturing, medical, airport, municipal, residential, road lighting, parking lots and others; products are sold to dealers , Retailers and consumers.
- Power and RF products department: Provide SiC power products, such as Schottky diodes, SiC metal semiconductor field effect transistors and SiC power modules, which are used in the power supply of computer servers, solar inverters, uninterrupted power and industrial Use power supplies and others; RF devices include GaN high electron mobility transistors (HEMT) and single crystal microwave integrated circuits (MMIC) for military, communications and other commercial applications, and provide GaN HEMT and MMIC wafers service.
Cree Technology occupies 10% of the North American market and its competitors mainly include: Bridgelux, Inc, Nichia Corporation, Osram Opto Semiconductors, General Electric , Philips Lumileds Lighting Company.
The history of Cree, Inc. (CREE):
- In 1987, Cree, Inc. was founded;
- In 2005, Cree Technology Corporation established a Hong Kong subsidiary-Cree Asia-Pacific Ltd.;
- In March 2007, Cree Inc. acquired China’s high-brightness LED supplier Cotco Luminant Device Ltd of Hong Kong for US$200 million;
- In 2009, Cree Technology Co., Ltd. built a factory in Huizhou, Guangdong and purchased a land of 55,000 m 2 ;
- On February 8, 2012, Cree released the XLamp XT-E with twice the brightness and the same price.