Wipro Limited (Wipro Company, Wipro Company) Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685 NSE: WIPRO) was founded in 1945 and is headquartered in Bangalore, India, with 181,804 full-time employees. It is a global information technology company ( IT), consulting and business process service company.
Wipro Limited (WIT):
Wipro (Wipro Limited’s, W Estern the I NDIA Pro ducts Limited’s) is headquartered in Bangalore, India, multinational IT consulting and IT services management company. It was originally engaged in other non-IT service businesses, but on March 31, 2013, the non-IT service department was separated to form Wipro Enterprises Limited, and the parent company focused on the IT service industry. As of December 2014, the company provided services to more than 900 Forbes 1000 companies in 61 countries around the world.
In May 2013, it ranked 812th among the top 2000 listed companies in the world. Its market value reached 1.63 trillion rupees (US$26.3 billion) on January 31, 2015, making it the largest listed company in India and the seventh largest IT service company in the world.
Wipro Limited is an information technology (IT), consulting and business process services (BPS) company on a global scale. The company is divided into 3 departments to operate:
- IT Services-Provides IT and IT-based services, including digital strategy consulting, customer-centric design, technical consulting, IT consulting, custom application design, development, redesign and maintenance, system integration, software Package implementation, infrastructure, analysis, business process, research and development, and software and hardware design services for enterprises. It provides services to customers in various industries, such as banking, financial services and insurance; health services; consumer services; energy, natural resources and utilities; manufacturing; technology; and communications.
- IT Products-Provides a series of third-party IT products, including enterprise platforms, network solutions, software and data storage products, contact center infrastructure, enterprise security, IT optimization technologies, video solutions, and end users Computing solutions. This sector mainly provides services to companies in various industries in the Indian market, including government, defense, IT and IT-based services, telecommunications, manufacturing, utilities, education and financial services.
- India State Run Enterprise Services (ISRE)-Provides IT services to entities and/or departments owned or controlled by the Indian government and/or Indian state governments.
Wipro and the University of Texas at Austin; Tel Aviv University, Israel; Swinburne University, Melbourne; IIT Kharagpur; IIT Madras; IISc Bangalore; and Bangalore Agricultural Sciences The University (University of Agricultural Sciences) signed a research cooperation agreement; established a strategic relationship with Amazon Web Services in the DevOps field .
Wipro Limited (WIT) History:
- December 29, 1945, W Estern the I NDIA P ALM R efined O IL Limited’s founder, and later abbreviated as Wipro, which began as a refined oil plant and the manufacturer brands include: Kisan, Sunflower and Camel;
- In the 1970s and 1980s, Wipro shifted its focus to new business opportunities in the IT and computer industries when it was in the emerging stage of India;
- On June 7, 1977, the company name was changed from Western India Vegetable Products Limited to Wipro Products Limited;
- In 1982, Wipro Products Limited was renamed Wipro Limited;
- In 1989, General Electric Company established a joint venture company-Wipro GE Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd.;
- In February 2002, Wipro became the first software technology and service company in India to obtain ISO 14001 certification;
- For more historical information, refer to Wikipedia