Colfax Corporation (Colfax Pump Group) Colfax Corporation (NYSE: CFX) was founded in 1860 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction, Maryland, USA. It has 15,500 full-time employees. It is an industrial manufacturing and engineering company with a global reach It provides gas and fluid processing and manufacturing technology products and services.
Colfax Corporation (CFX):
Colfax Corporation is an American industrial company, spin-off and established by the American industrial group Danaher Corporation . Colfax is divided into 2 departments to operate: Gas- and Fluid-Handling, and Fabrication Technology.
- Gas and fluid handling -design, manufacture, supply, install and maintain heavy-duty centrifugal and axial fans, rotary heat exchangers, gas compressors, pumps, fluid handling systems, controllers and special valves. It sells gas treatment products under the Howden brand; and fluid treatment products under the Allweiler and Imo brands. The division sells its products and services directly, as well as through independent representatives and distributors to customers in power generation, oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, marine, general industrial and other end markets. The department also provides repair and modification services for products produced by other valve suppliers; lubrication system equipment and services, including LubriMist oil mist generators, Mistlock bearing lubrication boxes, ThermoJet oil purifiers, and various services such as high-speed oil flushing, Oil spill recovery and condition monitoring services.
- Manufacturing technology -manufacture, develop and supply consumable products and equipment for cutting and joining steel, aluminum and other metals and metal alloys. This department provides welding materials including electrodes, cored and solid wires and ESAB trademarks; cutting equipment and consumables, as well as gas control and special welding products under the Victor brand name. The division sells its products to the oil and gas, power generation, wind power, shipbuilding, pipeline, mobile/off-highway equipment, and mining markets through direct sales and third-party distribution channels.
Colfax Corporation (CFX) History:
- In 2011, Colfax Corp. acquired British Charter International PLC and its subsidiary Sweden ESAB for US$2.4 billion. The transaction was completed in January 2012;
- In 2011, Colfax acquired Allweiler;
- In July 2015, Matthew Trerotola became CEO.