Systemax Inc. (NYSE: SYX) was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Port Washington, New York, USA. It has 3,300 full-time employees. It is an American Fortune 1000 company that sells industry and technology through branded e-commerce websites and relationship marketers in North America and Europe. The main brands of products are Global Industrial, MISCO and Inmac Wstore.
Systemax Inc. (SYX):
Systemax company was founded in 1949 as Global Equipment Company and was a material handler. Later, he entered the field of direct sales for the first time in 1972, and began selling computer equipment in 1981. GEC was renamed Global Directmail in 1995 and Systemax in 1999.
Systemax is divided into 2 departments to operate:
- Industrial Products Group (Industrial Products Group)-sells a series of maintenance, repair and operation products in North America, including: electrical and light bulbs; fasteners and hardware; food services and electrical appliances; furniture and office supplies; HVAC / R; regulatory and Maintenance; material handling; medical and laboratory equipment; metal processing and cutting tools; electrical and power transmission products; office and school supplies; outdoor and field maintenance products; packaging and supplies; plumbing supplies; pneumatics and hydraulics; raw materials and construction materials; Security products; storage and shelf products; tools and instruments; and vehicle maintenance, as well as workbenches and store desks.
- EMEA Technology Products Group (EMEA Technology Products Group)-sales of information and communication technology products, such as computers and mobile devices; computer accessories and memory products; servers, storage and backup products; computer accessories and accessories; network and security products; software products ; And electronics, as well as commercial and home networking products. The division also provides consumer electronics products, including TV and video, audio and GPS products; cameras and surveillance products; mobile phones; video games and toys; and home appliance accessories.
Systemax, Inc.’s subsidiaries and business divisions include: Global Industrial, Nexel, Misco, Infotel, C&H Distributors, Avenue Industrial Supply Company.
Systemax provides its products to for-profit companies, educational organizations, and government entities through its direct sales team, catalog mail, and proprietary Internet sites.
Systemax Inc. (SYX) History:
- On January 6, 2008, Systemax announced the acquisition of the CompUSA brand in Miami, including trademark and e-commerce businesses, as well as up to 16 CompUSA retail stores in Florida, Texas, and Puerto Rico. In December 2012, CompUSA was merged into TigerDirect and sold to PCM, Inc. on December 1, 2015 ;
- On May 13, 2009, Circuit City announced that it would sell its intellectual property rights, including its trademarks, brand names and Internet domain names, to Systemax for US$14 million. The agreement will take effect six days later. The discontinued CircuitCity.com website was restored after Systemax purchase. At the end of December 2012, Circuit City was merged into TigerDirect and sold to PCM, Inc. on December 1, 2015 ;
- On September 18, 2009, Systemax announced the acquisition of WStore Europe, SA, a European commercial IT product supplier with operations in France (Inmac WStore SAS and I-Com Software) and the United Kingdom (WStore UK Limited).
- On June 12, 2014, Systemax announced the acquisition of SCC Services BV, a Dutch B2B IT product and service provider. After the acquisition, it was renamed Misco Solutions.
- On January 30, 2015, Systemax announced the acquisition of Plant Equipment Group (“PEG”), its MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) B2B direct sales product business from TAKKT America. PEG provides services to corporate customers in the North American MRO market.
- On December 1, 2015, Systemax announced the sale of certain assets of its North American Technology Group (including TigerDirect) to PCM, Inc ..
- On July 25, 2016, Systemax announced the sale of its Misco Germany assets to CANCOM SE.