NetApp, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTAP), a network equipment company, was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with 10,100 full-time employees. It is a well-known information storage service provider.
Network equipment company NetApp (NTAP):
NetApp (NTAP) continues to lead the development of the storage industry with innovative ideas and leading technologies. It is the world’s leading unified storage solution company. Its Data ONTAP is the world’s premier storage operating system. Since its establishment, NetApp has maintained a very high growth rate, and has led the development of the storage industry in terms of technology and products, and storage and data management solutions that improve IT efficiency and flexibility. NetApp’s storage solutions cover specialized hardware, software and services, providing seamless storage management for an open network environment.
NetApp continues to expand its user base. Its customer areas include communications, finance, energy, government, manufacturing, education and various media, various companies and service providers. Many world-renowned companies are NTAP customers. The main competitors include EMC , IBM and HP .
Network equipment company NetApp (NTAP) history:
- In 1992, David Hitz, James Lau and Michael Malcolm founded the company. At that time, the main competitor was Auspex Systems.
- In 1994, the company received venture capital from Sequoia Capital.
- In 1995, NetApp IPO landed on Nasdaq.
- In 2006, NetApp sold the NetCache product line to Blue Coat Systems .
- In March 2008, the company changed its name to NetApp.
- In 2014, NetApp acquired Riverbed Technology’s SteelStore data backup and protection product line-AltaVault.
- In December 2015, NetApp acquired Flash storage provider SolidFire for US$770 million, and the transaction was completed in January 2016.
NetApp (NTAP) investment:
NetApp’s IPO on NASDAQ in 1994 coincided with the Internet bubble boom of 1995-2000, which caused its sales to rise rapidly, so that NASDAQ and Google called it the fastest growing company.