Insight Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: NSIT) was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, USA, with 6,697 full-time employees. It is a company for the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. Companies that provide information technology (IT) hardware, software and service solutions to small and medium enterprises, enterprises, governments, schools and medical institutions .
Insight Enterprises, Inc. (NSIT):
Insight Enterprises Inc. is committed to providing B2B information technology (IT) functions for enterprises. It is a Fortune 500 company with offices in 22 countries and business in 200 countries and regions.
Insight enterprise companies source, stage, configure, integrate, test, deploy, and maintain products from end to infrastructure, and provide infrastructure management solutions.
Insight Enterprises provides:
- Insight managed office, providing desktop and notebook devices and cloud computing-based productivity solutions.
- insight managed mobility, providing tablet computers and cellular-based devices paired with cloud-based applications and their service desks.
- Insight managed collaboration enables customers to outsource their complex voice, meetings, collaboration/team applications, and cloud-based redeployment.
- insight managed deployment, providing distributed equipment and technology outsourcing based on service level agreements, or edge, deployment and support.
- hybrid cloud (hybrid cloud), an on-premises converged infrastructure enhanced by the integration, management and protection of external public clouds; and providing WAN, LAN, wireless and security solutions to connect hybrid cloud, branch infrastructure and end users Smart network.
- In addition, Insight Enterprises also provides digital signage, kiosk, tablet and smart phone terminals integrated with ready-made software applications; custom-developed applications to achieve customer-to-customer (C2C) participation ; Custom-developed mobile, cloud and IoT applications and cloud, mobile, big data and security solutions.
- In addition, Insight Enterprises also distributes hardware products; provides software license optimization and implementation consulting services; and provides enterprise data center solutions.
Insight Enterprises, Inc. (NSIT) History:
- In 1988, Eric and Tim Crown founded Hard Drives International, the predecessor of the company.
- In 1991, the company changed its name to Insight Enterprises.
- In January 1995, Insight Enterprises IPO landed on Nasdaq.
- In 1997, Insight Enterprises acquired TC Computers in Canada.
- In April 1998, Insight signed a definitive agreement to acquire Choice Peripherals Ltd. and Plusnet Technologies Ltd..
- In October 2001, Insight acquired Action Computer Supplies Holdings PLC in the UK for US$150 million.
- In April 2002, Insight Enterprises acquired Comark for US$150 million.
- In July 2006, Insight Enterprise acquired Software Spectrum from Level 3 Communications for $287 million .
- In April 2008, Insight Enterprises acquired Calence LLC for 125 million US dollars.
- In July 2008, Insight Enterprises acquired Minx Ltd. in the United Kingdom for 150 million US dollars (plus 46 million US dollars in debt).
- In October 2015, Insight acquired BlueMetal, an interactive design and technology architecture company in Boston.
- In September 2016, Insight Enterprises announced the acquisition of Ignia, a business technology consulting company based in Australia.
- On November 7, 2016, Insight Enterprises announced the acquisition of Minnesota Datalink for US$258 million. The transaction was completed in the first quarter of 2017.