Vistamaxx Group (Mercer Group, Marsh & McLennan) Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MMC) was founded in 1871 by Henry W. Marsh and Donald R. McLennan, headquartered in New York, USA, full-time employees With 76,000 employees, it is a global international group company providing professional services and one of the four largest insurance brokerage companies in the world (ranked in order: Aon Group , Vistamaxx , Willis Towers Hyatt , Arthur Gallagher ) , The company provides consulting and solution services in risk, strategy and human capital.
Vistamaxx Marsh & McLennan (MMC):
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is a global professional services company whose business scope includes insurance brokerage, risk management, reinsurance services, talent management, investment consulting and management consulting. The company’s four main operating companies are Guy Carpenter, Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman Group.
Marsh & McLennan Companies (Marsh & McLennan Companies) ranked 212th in the Fortune Global 500 in 2018, 24th in the Fortune annual list, and 458th in the Forbes Global 2000 list in 2017 . Marsh & McLennan’s revenue in 2016 was US$13.2 billion, ranking first in the “Commercial Insurance” ranking of the world’s largest insurance brokers. In July 2017, Vistamaxx Group ranked first in Business Insurance’s list of the world’s largest brokers.
Vistamaxx Group is divided into 2 departments to operate: Risk and Insurance Services (Risk and Insurance Services), Consulting (Consulting).
- Risk and Insurance Services Department: Provide risk management services, such as risk advice, risk transfer, risk control and mitigation solutions, as well as insurance and reinsurance brokerage, catastrophe and financial modeling and related consulting services; and insurance plan management services. This department provides services to businesses, public entities, insurance companies, associations, professional service organizations and private clients.
- Consulting department: provide health, wealth and professional services and products; as well as professional management and economic and brand consulting services.
Vistamaxx Group (MMC) is the parent company of many leading risk experts and professional consulting companies. MMC’s subsidiaries include:
- Marsh Inc.-an insurance brokerage and risk consulting company, a leader in global risk management and insurance consulting services, providing global risk to companies, public entities, associations and professional service organizations in more than 100 countries Management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, financing and insurance program management services;
- Mercer—Human resources and related financial consulting and service companies (William Mercer is the world’s most widely distributed human resources management consulting agency, headquartered in New York, USA. Its history can be traced back to 1937) A division of Marsh & McLennan Company (MMC) in the United States. In 1959, the Marsh & McLennan Company merged with William M. Mercer Co., Ltd. (this is a company established in Canada by William Manson Mercer in 1945). ), began to adopt the name “William M. Mercer” (William M. Mercer);
- Oliver Wyman (Oliver Wyman)-a management consulting company, providing management consulting services, is the parent company of Lippincott, a well-known brand strategy consulting agency;
- Putnam Investments (Putnam Investments) -one of the largest investment management companies in the United States ;
- Guy Carpenter-a professional company in risk and reinsurance;
- Kroll-a risk consulting company.
Marsh & McLennan Cos, Inc. has more than 57,000 employees worldwide and provides analysis, consulting and trading services to clients in more than 100 countries. Its shares are listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges. Mercer Human Resources Consulting Company and Mercer Investment Consulting Company belong to Mercer Company. It is in charge of the consulting business in the Prestige Group. Mercer Consulting Company employs more than 13,000 employees in 41 countries and regions in the world. It is the largest consulting company in the world. One of the company.
Vistar Marsh & McLennan (MMC) acquired Baike (2000-now):
- In 1997, Vistamaxx acquired Johnson & Higgins for US$1.8 billion, which greatly enhanced its insurance brokerage business. At that time, the company was one of the biggest competitors in MMC’s brokerage business. The acquisition took place during a period of industry consolidation, allowing Marsh & McLennan to return to the position of the world’s largest insurance broker, located above Aon .
- In 2000, Mercer, the human resource consulting arm of Marsh & McLennan, acquired Delta Consulting Group to strengthen its expertise in organizational development and change management.
- In 2003, the company acquired Oliver Wyman, a management consulting company with a large number of clients in the financial services industry. The acquisition transformed MMC from a company known primarily for its insurance brokerage services to a company with a mature management consulting business that can compete with McKinsey , Boston Consulting Group and others.
- In 2007, Marsh & McLennan sold its Putnam Investments mutual fund business to Power Financial Corp. for $3.9 billion, with the intention of focusing the parent company on its risk and human capital business.
- Also in 2007, Vistamaxx announced that its insurance brokerage unit Marsh had obtained the first license of a wholly-owned foreign company operating insurance brokerage business in China.
- In May 2007, Vistamaxx merged three Mercer consulting departments-Mercer Delta Consulting, Mercer Oliver Wyman and Mercer Management Consulting to form Oliver Wyman.
- In 2010, the company sold its corporate intelligence and investigation unit Kroll to Altegrity Inc. for $1.13 billion. Prior to the final transaction and divestiture, Marsh & McLennan had been selling smaller units within Kroll to further focus on its core risk and consulting business.
- In September 2018, Vistamaxx Group agreed to acquire Jardine Lloyd Thompson, headquartered in London, for GBP 4.3 billion. The transaction was completed on April 1, 2019.
Vistar Marsh & McLennan (MMC) investment:
Vistamaxx official website | Mercer Corporation | Marsh Insurance | Owi Consulting | Jiada | Putnam Investment