Triple-S Management Corporation (NYSE: GTS) was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA. It has 3,652 full-time employees. Through its subsidiaries, it provides managed care and related services in the commercial insurance, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid markets. Product portfolio is the largest medical insurance provider in Puerto Rico.
Triple-S Management Corporation (GTS):
Triple-S Management Company (or SSS) is an insurance holding company headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico, which provides a wide range of insurance products and services in Puerto Rico through its wholly-owned subsidiaries. Triple-S is Puerto Rico’s leading managed care company. In addition to the core Managed Care business, TSM also has more than one million life insurance and property and accident insurance customers.
Three S management is implemented through three departments : Managed Care, Life Insurance, and Property and Casualty Insurance.
Three S management company provides various management care products, including health maintenance organization plan; preferred supplier organization plan; BlueCard plan; Medicare Supplement products; Medicare Advantage products; Medicaid plan; and to employers, professional and trade associations, individuals and government entities File claims processing and other administrative services.
Triple-S Management Corporation also mainly provides various life, accident, disability, health and annuity insurance products to individuals; property and accident insurance products include commercial insurance, personal insurance, commercial automobile, hospital medical accident, commercial liability and small and medium-sized accounts Commercial property.
Triple-S Management Company markets and distributes its products through internal sales teams, direct sales, independent brokers and agents, telemarketers, traditional and digital media, and e-commerce networks. the company
The company markets and distributes its products through internal sales teams, direct mail, independent brokers and agents, telemarketers, traditional and digital media, and e-commerce networks. The company owns the rights to the Blue Cross Blue Shield brand in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, British Virgin Islands and Anguilla.
Triple-S Management Corporation (GTS) History:
- 1959: In order to provide better medical services, a group of visionary doctors and dentists established Seguros de Servicios de Salud.
- 1965: The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association selected Triple-S, Inc. as its exclusive Blue Shield licensee in Puerto Rico.
- 1966: Triple-S, Inc. manages Puerto Rico’s Medicare Part B.
- 1984: Triple-S entered the life insurance market to supplement its managed medical services and created Seguros de Vida Triple-S.
- 1988: As part of a diversification strategy, the company entered the property and casualty insurance market and established Seguros Triple-S.
- 1995: Triple-S was awarded a contract to provide services for Puerto Rico’s health reform.
- 1999: Shareholders created the holding company Triple-S Management Corporation (TSM) to promote business growth and diversification.
- 2005: Triple-S, Inc. began to participate in the Medicare Advantage plan.
- 2006: TSM acquired Great American Life Assurance Company of Puerto Rico (GA Life). After merging with Seguros de Vida Triple-S, the company became Triple-S Vida-Puerto Rico’s leading life insurance company.
- 2007: TSM became the first Puerto Rican managed healthcare company to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GTS (Grupo Triple-S).
- 2009: Triple-S Salud, Inc. completed the purchase of certain managed medical assets of La Cruz Azul de Puerto Rico and obtained the Blue Cross license, thereby becoming a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- 2011: TSM acquired American Health Medicare, a Medicare Advantage service provider, which provides services to more than 40,000 members.
- 2012: Triple-S Salud created the Blue Cross Blue Shield of the US Virgin Islands and entered the USVI market to provide health insurance products for the commercial sector.
- 2013: Triple-S Salud became the executive agency of the Puerto Rico government health plan. The company’s acquisition of Atlantic Southern Insurance Company (ASICO) through Triple-S Vida laid the foundation for its expansion into the international market. The company is headquartered in Puerto Rico and has operations in the U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Anguilla and Costa Rica.
- 2014: ASICO changed its name to Triple-S Blue, and its expansion in Latin America began with the launch of the BCBS Costa Rica brand. The brands of the AHM and Triple-S Salud Medicare Advantage divisions were merged and renamed Triple-S Advantage.