Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE: APO) was established in 1990 and is headquartered in New York City, New York, USA, with offices in Los Angeles, Houston, London, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai, India. It has an office and 1030 full-time employees. It is a global asset management/investment management company.
Apollo Global Management (APO):
Apollo Global Management is an investment management company that invests in private equity, credit and real estate. Apollo Global Management raises, invests and manages funds in pension funds, endowment funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional and individual investors .
Apollo Global Management’s business is divided into three major parts: private equity, credit and real estate.
- Private equity is investment in controlling equity and related debt instruments, convertible securities and distressed debt instruments;
- Credit, mainly invested in non-controlling companies and structured debt;
- Real estate mainly invests in the acquisition of real estate equity, and the reorganization of real estate assets, investment portfolios, platforms and operating companies, and real estate debt investment, including first mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, preferred stocks and commercial mortgage securities.
Apollo Global Management (APO) History:
- In February 1990, Apollo Advisors was established as the predecessor of Apollo Global Management;
- Apollo Global Management uses non-performing debt as an entry point. Such companies invested in include: Vail Resorts , Walter Industries , Culligan and Samsonite (Samsonite, HK: 01910);
- In 1993, Apollo Real Estate Advisers was established. As of 2008, the company has 3 funds: Apollo Real Estate Investment Fund V, Apollo European Real Estate Fund II, Apollo Value Enhancement Fund VII;
- Companies invested by Apollo Investment Fund III include: Alliance Imaging, Allied Waste Industries, Breuners Home Furnishings, Levitz Furniture, Communications Corporation of America, Dominick’s, Ralphs ( subsidiary of The Kroger Co. ), Move.com, NRT Incorporated, Pillowtex Corporation , Telemundo, WMC Mortgage Corporation, etc.;
- In 1997, Tony Ressler, co-founder of Apollo Global Management established Ares Management (NYSE:ARES);
- Companies invested by Apollo Investment Fund IV include: Allied Waste Industries, AMC Entertainment , Berlitz International, Clark Retail Enterprises, Corporate Express, Encompass Services Corporation, National Financial Partners, Pacer International, Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), Resolution Performance Products, Resolution Specialty Materials, Sirius Satellite Radio, SkyTerra Communications, United Rentals , Wyndham Worldwide ;
- Companies invested by Apollo Investment Fund V include: Affinion Group, AMC Entertainment, Berry Plastics (NYSE:BERY), Cablecom, Compass Minerals (NYSE:CMP), General Nutrition Centers (NYSE:GNC), Goodman Global, Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Intelsat , Linens’n Things, Metals USA, Nalco Investment Holdings, Sourcecorp, Spectrasite Communications (merged with American Tower in 2005, now known as American Tower Corporation ) and Unity Media;
- In 2002, Ares Management was spun off from Apollo Global Management Company;
- In April 2004, Apollo Global Management listed its Apollo Investment Corporation (NASDAQ:AINV) separately and listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- In August 2006, Apollo Global Management Company released a private equity fund of US$2 billion listed in Europe-AP Alternative Assets (ENXTAM:AAA);
- In December 2009, Apollo acquired Cedar Fair Entertainment Company;
- In March 2011, Apollo Global Management’s IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- In March 2012, Apollo Global Management Company tried again to acquire Great Wolf Resorts for US$225.7 million;
- In November 2012, Apollo Global Management acquired its education business unit- McGraw-Hill Education from The McGraw-Hill Companies for US$2.5 billion ;
- On March 11, 2013, Apollo Global Management bid for Hostess Brands’ snacks business, including Twinkies, for US$410 million;
- In December 2013, Apollo Global Management, through its subsidiary Tanager Limited, acquired the housing loan business of Lloyds Bank in Ireland for 307 million euros;
- On January 16, 2014, the Financial Times reported that Apollo Global Management will acquire Chuck E. Cheese’s, the parent company CEC Entertainment, for US$1 billion;
- In June 2015, Apollo Global Management privatized OM Group (formerly NYSE: OMG) for 1.03 billion US dollars;
- Also in June 2015, Apollo Global Management acquired the glass bottle manufacturing business of the French Saint-Gobain Group (Saint-Gobain, Euronext: SGO) for 2.95 billion US dollars ;
- In February 2016, we are committed to providing security services to residential customers and small business customers ADT Company (The ADT Corporation) received a takeover offer from private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC of approximately $ 6.93 billion.
- In May 2016, Apollo Education Group merged with Apollo Global Management.
- In June 2016, Apollo Global Management successfully acquired Diamond Resorts International .
- In March 2017, Apollo acquired Outerwall for approximately $1.6 billion, which is the owner of Redbox, Coinstar and ecoATM.
- In July 2017, Apollo Global Management acquired ClubCorp for $1.1 billion , which is one of the largest operators of golf clubs and country clubs.
- In October 2017, Apollo acquired West Corporation for approximately US$2 billion .
- On December 19, 2017, Apollo Global Management acquired Mexican restaurant Qdoba for US$305 million.
- On October 9, 2018, Apollo Global Management LLC, a US private equity investment company, stated that it had reached an agreement to purchase approximately US$1 billion in energy assets from GE Capital, a subsidiary of General Electric (GE/GE) Equity investment portfolio.
Apollo Global Management’s other successful investments include the ones we have introduced: Smart & Final Stores and Sprouts Farmers Market .