WP Carey Inc. (NYSE: WPC) was founded in 1973 by William P. Carey, headquartered in York City, New York, USA, with offices in Dallas, Texas, and 281 full-time employees. It is an independent equity investment trust (REIT company). ).
WP Carey Inc. (WPC):
WP Carey Inc. is a New York-based investment management company that provides long-term lease financing. It manages real estate trust funds, and its main investment targets are offices, warehouses, industrial properties, distribution centers, retail properties, restaurants and other property projects, which are distributed in North America, Europe, and Asia.
WP Carey Inc. (WPC) History:
- In 1973, William Polk Carey founded the company;
- In 1980, Dr. Lawrence Klein, director of WP Carey, won the Nobel Prize in Economics;
- In 1990, WP Carey launched the first non-trading REIT, CPA®: 10;
- In 1998, Carey Diversified LLC IPO was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, stock code: CDC;
- In 1999, WP Carey established a London office;
- In 2000, Carey Diversified LLC and WP Carey & Co. Inc. merged to form WP Carey & Co. LLC (NYSE: WPC);
- In 2008, WP Carey opened a European asset management office in Amsterdam;
- In 2010, WP Carey’s residential-focused real estate investment trust Carey Watermark Investors (CWI) released;
- In 2011, the WP Carey Foundation donated 30 million U.S. dollars to the University of Maryland School of Law to establish the Francis Kay School of Law;
- In 2012, WP Carey merged with CPA®: 15 and became a listed real estate investment trust (NYSE: WPC);
- In 2014, WP Carey completed the merger with Corporate Property Associates 16-Global.
- In 2015, WP Carey launched its 19th investment project-Carey Watermark Investors 2;
- In 2016, WP Carey and its real estate investment trusts managed more than $10 billion in real estate investments in the past five years.