SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:SSNC) was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, USA. It has 8,278 full-time employees and provides software products and software services for financial service providers.
SS&C Technologies SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC):
SS&C Technolgies is an American multinational financial technology company headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, providing software and software services to the financial services industry. The company has offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries such as Advent Software, Varden Technologies and Primatics Financial, SS&C focuses on specific financial technology markets such as fund management, wealth management accounting, insurance and pension funds.
SS&C Technolgies products and services enable its customers to automate and integrate front-office functions such as trading and modeling; middle-office functions, including project portfolio management and reporting; and back-office functions, including accounting, performance measurement, reconciliation, reporting, processing, and clearing .
SS&C Technolgies provides portfolio management/accounting software, performance measurement and attribution, banking and loan solutions, transaction and treasury business, customer reporting, financial modeling and property management products and services.
SS&C Technolgies software services include offshore and offshore fund management services; cloud-based portfolio management platform, outsourcing daily reconciliation and data management services; data management services; business process outsourcing investment accounting and operations, application software hosting, automated workflow Integration, automated quality control mechanism and interface and connection services; acquisition, conversion and delivery of financial data; investor transaction processing platform; trade supporting utility and delivery instruction database; and customized data feeds; and broker-dealers and institutions Connect to the service.
SS&C Technolgies also provides consulting and implementation services, such as system installation, historical data conversion, and training and support services.
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. clients include multinational and retail banks, credit unions, hedge and private equity funds, funds and family office funds, institutional asset management companies, insurance companies and pension funds, municipal financial groups, brokers/dealers, and finance Exchanges, commercial and real estate lenders and property managers.
SS&C Technologies SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC) History:
- SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone. It was IPO in 1996. After being privatized in leveraged buyouts, after several years of private companies, the second IPO.
- SS&C Technologies has acquired a number of companies and introduced products and talents to the company. From 1986 to 2017, SS&C has completed 47 acquisitions. SS&C’s largest acquisition to date is the acquisition of Advent Software (estimated at $2.7 billion), a competitor in the corporate financial services industry.
- In 2002, it acquired Real-Time USA for USD 4 million and DBC for USD 4.5 million.
- In 2003, Amicorp Fund Services was acquired for US$1.8 million.
- In 2004, it acquired Investment Advisory Network, LLC for $3 million, NeoVision Hypersystems, Inc. for $1.6 million, and OMR Systems for $19.7 million.
- On February 25, 2005, SS&C Technologies acquired Financial Models Company Inc. (formerly TSX: FMC), a technology solution and service provider in the investment field, at a price of $17.70 per share in cash. It is estimated that the value of FMC shares totals 10.133 million US dollars, bringing SS&C’s total share to 91%. SS&C won the acquisition, and several other bidding companies include: Linedata, BNY Capital Corporation and Triax Growth Fund Inc.
- In 2005, The Carlyle Group privatized the company.
- In 2005, it acquired Eisnerfast for US$25.3 million, FMC for US$159 million, Financial Interactive for US$12 million, MarginMan for US$5.6 million, Open Information Systems for US$24 million, and Achievement Technologies LLC for US$470,000.
- In 2006, acquired Cogent Management and Zoologic.
- In 2007, Northport, LLC was acquired.
- In 2008, Micro Design Services, LLC was acquired.
- In 2009, SS & C acquired Evare, LLC, Unisys ‘ MAXIMIS business, TheNextRound, Inc. and Tradeware Global Corp.
- In 2010, SS&C Technologies announced the acquisition of Tradeware Global, a broker-neutral system provider for stock market access.
- In 2010, SS&C Technologies also acquired thinklink products from Geller Investment Partnership Services (GIPS), TimeShareWare and TD Ameritrade.
- In 2011, it acquired BenefitsXML, BDO Simpson Xavier Fund Administration Services Limited and Teledata Communications, Inc.
- In 2012, SS&C acquired Hedgemetrix, headquartered in Texas. Hedgemetirx is now part of SS&C GlobeOp’s business.
- In 2012, SS&C acquired Thomson Reuters ‘ PORTIA for US$170 million .
- In 2012, it acquired GlobeOp Financial Services SA.
- In 2012, Gravity Financial was acquired.
- In 2013, it acquired Prime Management Limited.
- In December 2014, SS&C acquired DST Global Solutions for a cash price of US$95 million to help them focus on EMEA and the Asia-Pacific region. Before DST Solutions was acquired by SS&C, it was a 390-person company with annual revenue of between US$6 and 65 million, 90% of which came from EMEA and the Asia-Pacific region.
- On July 8, 2015, SS&C Technologies Holdings announced the completion of the acquisition of Advent Software, Inc.
- On September 2, 2015, SS&C Technologies Holdings announced the acquisition of Varden Technologies.
- On September 14, 2015, SS&C Technologies announced the cash and debt-free acquisition of Primatics Financial from Carlyle Group for US$122 million. The transaction was completed in the third quarter. Primatics has 384 employees and annual revenue in 2014 was 51 million US dollars.
- On March 11, 2016, SS&C Technologies Holdings announced that it had completed the acquisition of Citigroup ’s alternative investor services business for US$321 million .
- On October 24, 2016, SS&C Technologies will acquire Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider Salentica. The acquisition supports the company’s Black Diamond wealth platform.
- December 1, 2016, SS & C Technologies completed a Wells Fargo takeover of the Global Fund Services business (Wells Fargo’s Global Fund Services Business , GFS) , which is a business administration services provider. This adds 250 employees and 130 fund relationships to SS&C’s investment portfolio.
- In 2016, SS&C acquired Confier Financial Services for US$88.5 million. Confier’s senior management will continue to lead the business.
- On October 13, 2017, SS&C Technologies Holdings announced the acquisition of CommonWealth Fund Services Ltd., which is an award-winning Canadian fund manager with US$8 billion in assets.
- On October 31, 2017, SS&C Technologies Holdings, a global financial service software and software service provider, announced the acquisition of Modestspark, a leading digital service provider for financial advisors and wealth management companies.
- On March 12, 2018, SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. announced an agreement to acquire CACEIS North America.
- On April 16, 2018, SS&C Technologies Holdings announced the completion of the acquisition of DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST).
- On October 1, 2018, SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. completed the acquisition of Eze Software.
- On November 16, 2018, SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. completed the acquisition of Intralinks Holdings, Inc.