Aurora Mobile Limited (NASDAQ: JG) was founded in 2011, formerly known as Shenzhen Hexun Huagu Information Technology Co., Ltd., changed to its current name in 2016, headquartered in Shenzhen, China, with 554 full-time employees (3/31 /2018), is China’s leading mobile big data solution platform.
Aurora Mobile Limited (JG):
Aurora is China’s leading mobile big data solution platform. Through mobile devices, it can access, aggregate, clean, structure, and encrypt a large amount of real-time and anonymous device-level mobile behavior data. Aurora also uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to obtain actionable insights and knowledge from these data to help consumers make better business decisions.
Aurora also provides a comprehensive service suite to mobile application developers in China. The company’s developer services can easily integrate all types of mobile applications to provide the core application built-in functions required by developers. Aurora is also the preferred partner of many major Internet companies ( Sina , Bilibili ) and leading consumer brands ( Starbucks , Yum China , Industrial and Commercial Bank, etc.). According to an industry report by Frost & Sullivan, Aurora’s main developer service, push notification (JPush), accounted for approximately 50% of the market in 2017.
Since the company was founded to March 31, 2018, Jiguang has accumulated a large amount of data from 13 billion installations of software development tools (SDK), one of the developer services. Jiguang only accesses selected anonymous device data, and this data is necessary or relevant for the service provided. Once the original mobile behavior data is mobile, the company’s processing platform will store, clean, structure, and encrypt these data for AI-driven model training.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are key technologies that Aurora uses to obtain actionable and effective insights from data. Using these technologies based on our large and high-quality data foundation, Aurora was able to develop a series of data solutions to provide insights and analysis for customers in multiple different fields.
Aurora’s core data solutions include :
- Target marketing: help advertisers improve marketing efficiency.
- Financial risk management: Assist financial institutions and financial technology companies to make wise lending decisions.
- Market intelligence: Provide real-time market intelligence solutions for investment funds and groups.
- Location-based intelligence: Help retailers and other traditional brick-and-mortar businesses conduct targeted marketing and make smarter and influential operational decisions.
Summary of Aurora Prospectus:
- While the company is developing rapidly, it is always improving cost efficiency. The company’s revenue mainly comes from data solutions. The company’s revenue in 2017 was 284.7 million yuan, an increase of 304.9% from the 70.3 million yuan in 2016, and the revenue for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was 126.4 million yuan, compared to 3,200 in the same period in 2017 10,000 yuan increased by 295.1%.
- In 2017, the company’s net loss was 90.3 million yuan, and in 2016 it was 61.4 million yuan. The net loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was RMB 22.1 million, while the net loss for the same period in 2017 was RMB 22 million. The company’s net loss ratio fell from 87.3% in 2016 to 31.7% in 2017, and from 68.8% in the quarter ended March 31, 2017 to 17.5% in the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- The company’s adjusted net loss was RMB 82 million in 2017 and RMB 58.7 million in 2016. The adjusted net loss for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 was RMB 19.3 million, compared with RMB 19.98 million in the same period in 2017. The company’s adjusted net loss ratio fell from 83.4% in 2016 to 28.8% in 2017, and from 62.0% for the quarter ended March 31, 2017 to 15.3% for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- The company’s adjusted earnings before interest, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was -77 million yuan in 2017, -5130 yuan in 2016, and 15.9 million yuan for the quarter ended March 31, 2018, compared to the same period in 2017 It is -20.5 million yuan.
- The company’s number of customers increased from 1,168 in 2016 to 2,263 in 2017, and from 980 in the quarter ended March 31, 2017 to 1,348 in the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
- Aurora is China’s leading mobile big data solution platform. Through developer services, the company reached approximately 864 million monthly active unique mobile devices in December 2017, accounting for approximately 90% of China’s mobile device coverage. In March 2018, this number further increased to 925 million.
- As of March 2018, about 318,000 mobile application developers from various industries have used Jiguang’s services.
- The number of mobile applications that use at least one of the company’s developer services or cumulative application installations has increased from more than 475,000 on December 31, 2016 to more than 707,000 on December 31, 2017, and this one on March 31, 2018 The number further increased to more than 784,000.
Aurora Mobile Limited (JG) History:
- In 2011, Shenzhen Hexun Huagu Information Technology Co., Ltd. was founded. Its core team members come from companies such as Tencent , Morgan Stanley , Douban, Teradata, and China Mobile . The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, with branches and offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chengdu.
- In 2012, the company’s core product, JPush, was officially launched, which was the first product in China to provide professional and efficient messaging services for mobile application developers.
- In 2013, Aurora Push built a highly stable and scalable cloud architecture, which greatly helped mobile application developers save development and maintenance costs, and easily achieved millisecond-level accurate push.
- In 2014, Aurora received USD 4 million in Series A financing led by IDG Capital. This year, the market share of Jiguang Push has been increasing. As of 2017, the company has served more than 600,000 mobile applications, covering more than 10 billion mobile terminals, 750 million monthly active devices, and more than 3 billion daily push messages.
- In 2015, Aurora completed a Series B financing of US$10 million led by Fosun Ruizheng and co-invested by IDG and Mandra Capital. After withstanding the test of one-billion-level user message push, the company launched the instant messaging service Jiguang IM, which allows developers to seamlessly upgrade on the basis of using Jiguang push.
- In 2016, the company upgraded its brand to “Aurora” and completed tens of millions of US dollars in Series C financing invested by institutions such as China Sea Securities, TCL, Mandra Capital, Fosun, Cotai Group, and Handing Yuyou. Expand to the three major systems of developer services, precision marketing and data services. Among them, the developer service product line has added three products: Jiguang IM (JMessage), Jiguang Statistics (JAnalytics) and Jiguang Sharing (JShare). In the field of data services, financial risk control services, customer insight services and industry research services have been launched, and the mobile application monitoring platform “Aurora iAPP” has been launched.
- In 2017, Aurora received tens of millions of U.S. dollars in Series D investment from Fidelity International. At the same time, “Aurora Effect Communication”, a data-driven advertising platform, was officially launched. The commercial geographic data product “Aurora iZone” followed Put it on the market.
Aurora Mobile Limited (JG) investment:
Aurora Mobile Limited (NASDAQ:JG) submitted its IPO prospectus on 6/29/2018, and listed on NASDAQ on 7/26/2018. The issue price is US$8.50 and 12 million shares are issued. The fundraising will not exceed US$102 million was jointly underwritten by Goldman Sachs (Asia), Credit Suisse Securities (US) and Deutsche Bank Securities.