Amdocs Limited (NASDAQ: DOX) was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, USA. It has support and development centers around the world and 25,561 full-time employees. It is a business software and service company specializing in communications, media, and finance. Service providers and digital enterprises provide software and services.
Amdocs Limited (DOX):
Amdocs Limited is a leading global billing and customer relationship management software provider, providing customer service and accounting systems for the communications and Internet service industries.
Amdocs Limited products include business support system (BSS), operation support system (OSS), open network solutions, Internet of Things, big data analysis and entertainment and media solutions. Specifically :
- Provide customer experience and monetization solutions to enable customers to conduct contextual and personalized interactions in interactive channels.
- Amdocs Limited provides network solutions to design, deploy, operate and optimize mobile networks; operation support systems for fixed telephone, broadband, wireless and cable television networks; and network optimization kits to plan, build, start, manage and optimize radio access networks .
- It also provides network function virtualization network service solutions based on virtualization standards; and network control products to manage user or device experience in real time, including controlling access to 3G, 4G, fixed and converged networks, and managing bandwidth traffic.
- In addition, Amdocs Limited provides the Internet of Things and a connected home platform to support connected devices, a cloud-based environment to provide integrated home services, and allows businesses to purchase connected solutions from service providers in a wholesale manner.
- In addition, Amdocs Limited provides mobile financial services, big data management and analysis products.
- As well as providing entertainment and media solutions that can manage media and advertising sales, fulfillment, operations, advertiser and consumer experience, and financial processes for digital and print media, as well as the integration of multi-tenant digital customer management and business platform Amdocs Optima.
- Amdocs Limited also provides system integration, transformation, management, and digital business operations for order activation, order gateway, order testing, revenue protection and network services.
- Amdocs Academy, a cloud-based learning portal.
Amdocs Limited (DOX) History:
- Amdocs Limited was established in 1982 as a branch of Golden Pages, an Israeli mobile phone directory company, owned by Morris Kahn, the leader of the Auric Group.
- Together with others at Golden Pages, Kahn developed a billing software program for the phone directory company, and Boaz Dotan founded a company called Auec Information & Directory Systems to market the product.
- In 1985, Southwestern Bell Corporation (later acquired by AT&T ) acquired 50% of Aurec Information & Directory Systems, and the company was renamed Amdocs.
- Within two years, Auec Group sold all of its holdings in Amdocs for nearly $1 billion.
- Between 1990 and 1995, Amdocs began its initial diversification steps, first expanding into the wired telephony field and then into the mobile field.
- Over the years, Amdocs has continuously expanded its products and services.
- Amdocs Limited listed on the New York Stock Exchange in IPO in June 1998 and transferred to the Nasdaq Global Select Market in 2014.
- On September 7, 2016, Amdocs launched “Amdocs Optima”, a new division that aims to provide customer care solutions for digital enterprises with less than 10 million users and MVNO/MVNE.