Kai Didi love stock KDDI Corporation (OTC: KDDIY, KDDIF , Topix 1: 9433) was founded in 1953 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, full-time employees 35,032 people, is Japan’s second largest integrated telecommunications company, ranked NTT after, Softbank prior to.
KDDI Corporation (KDDIY):
KDDI Corporation is a large Japanese telecommunications company. It was formed on October 1, 2000 by the merger of the original DDI, KDD, and Japan Mobile Communications (IDO) companies. It is mainly used in conjunction with Okinawa mobile phones “au “This brand provides telecommunication services such as mobile phones, fixed networks, and the Internet. KDDI’s business scale ranks second among Japan’s three major integrated telecommunications companies ( Nippon Telegraph and Telephone , KDDI, and SoftBank ).
The predecessor of KDDI:
1. DDI (abbreviated as DDI) -was established on June 1, 1984 by Kyocera , Mitsubishi Corporation , Sony , SECOM and other 25 Japanese companies. It was established after Japan’s telecommunications liberalization in 1985. One of the established “Xindian” companies is the direct predecessor of KDDI’s corporate legal person.
2. KDD ——On December 1, 1998, it was formed by the merger of International Telecommunications Telephone and Japanese High Speed Communication. The company name uses the roman abbreviation “KDD” for international telecommunication. International Telecommunications and Telephone (KDD for short): Established by the Japanese government on March 24, 1953, it was the legally exclusive operator of Japan’s international telecommunications industry before the telecommunications liberalization, as opposed to Japan Telecommunications and Telephone Corporation (NTT predecessor) which monopolized the domestic telecommunications industry .
3. Japan Mobile Telecommunications (IDO for short)-was established on November 16, 1984, mainly funded by TWJ, Toyota Motor , Tokyo Electric Power , and Chubu Electric Power.
KDDI Corporation (KDDIY) History:
- On August 1, 2002, KDDI launched the 3G system for mobile phones, using CDMA2000 1X.
- On November 28, 2003, au/KDDI started to launch the more advanced CDMA 2000 1xEV-DO system and launched the CDMA 1X WIN brand.
- In Japan, KDDI is often called together with au, so it will be written as au/KDDI. Its most popular services are named after EZ, such as EZweb, EZweb@mail, Ezappli, Ezchakuuta, ezmovie, and eznavigation map guidance system (GPS); KDDI uses advanced WAP technology, and supports JAME and BREW The two formats sometimes cause confusion for users and developers on the system. In terms of marketing, KDDI is famous for its low-cost promotional programs for students, especially the cost of the CDMA2000 system package is quite low.
- At the end of 2003, KDDI had approximately 15.97 million users, of which 3G users accounted for 73.6%, that is, 11.764 million 3G users, with a market share of approximately 20%.
- In March 2007, KDDI had about 27.316 million users, of which 3G users accounted for 97.8%, which means there were 26.719 million 3G users, with a market share of about 28%. In the Japanese telecommunications industry, it ranks second, second only to NTT DoCoMo .
- KDDI has another 2G system service (PDC) and uses the brand TU-KA. TU-KA (2G) was closed on March 31, 2008.
- On January 25, 2010, Liberty Global sold a 37.8% stake in Japanese cable TV operator Jupiter Telecommunications Inc. to KDDI for 362 billion yen (US$4 billion) in cash.
- In 2010, KDDI invested in KKBOX, the largest online music company in Taiwan, and became the largest shareholder of KKBOX.
- On October 21, 2011, KDDI acquired Content Delivery Network CDNetworks for US$167 million.
- KDDI and Sumitomo Group signed an agreement with Myanmar’s state-owned Myanmar Post and Telecommunication (MPT) in July 2014 to jointly operate mobile phone services in Myanmar for the next 10 years.
- In August 2014, KDDI announced the cooperation with five other global companies, including Google , to build a 60Tbit/s submarine data transmission cable connecting the west coast of the United States and Japan. The fiber optic cable was put into operation in June 2016.
- In December 2015, KDDI and Ericsson began to collaborate on research and development of 5G technology.
KDDI Corporation (KDDIY) subsidiary:
1. KDDI America (English name: KDDI America, Inc.)-established on June 29, 1989, a US corporate subsidiary funded by KDDI 96.8%. Headquartered in Manhattan, New York.
2. KDDI Taiwan (Taiwan Kaixun Telecom Co., Ltd.)-on December 24, 1999, it established a subsidiary in Taiwan with a legal person 100% funded by KDDI.
3. KDDI Singapore-established on September 28, 1989.
4. KDDI Hong Kong (Japan Kaixun (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.)-established in 1988.
5. KDDI China (Beijing KDDI Communication Technology Co., Ltd.)-established in 2001.
KDDI China has the following branches and offices:
- KDDI China Dalian Branch
- KDDI China Tianjin Branch
- KDDI China Qingdao Branch
- KDDI China Changchun Office
- KDDI China Tianjin Binhai Office
6. KDDI Shanghai (Shanghai Kaidi Diai Communication Technology Co., Ltd.)-established in 2009.
7. KDDI Guangzhou (Guangzhou Kaixun Communication Technology Co., Ltd.)-was established in 2003 by KDDI Hong Kong.
KDDI Guangzhou has the following offices:
- KDDI Guangzhou Nansha Office
- KDDI Guangzhou Shenzhen Office