Legg Mason Inc. (NYSE:LM) was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, with 3,246 full-time employees. It is a US-based global asset management company through its subsidiaries. , Provide investment management, securities brokerage, investment banking and other related financial services, the service objects are individuals, enterprises, government agencies, etc.
Legg Mason (LM):
Legg Mason is an American investment management company that focuses on asset management and provides services to clients worldwide. Legg Mason provides equity and fixed income products, as well as domestic and international liquidity management and alternative investments. Legg Mason acquired Mason & Co. through Legg & Co. in 1970 to establish Legg Mason & Co., Inc., and has now become one of the world’s largest asset management companies. Legg Mason provides services to individual and institutional investors on six continents. As of April 30, 2018, total assets under management were approximately US$752.3 billion.
Legg Mason of Legg Mason Group is one of the world’s largest asset management companies, focusing on asset management business. The most recognized feature of Legg Mason is its unique expertise in fund management. It owns many well-known investment management companies, focusing on their areas of expertise. The wholly-owned investment management subsidiaries of Legg Mason 100% include:
- Legg Mason Capital Management
- Western Asset-Western Asset
- Ruisi Investment——Royce & Associates
- Brandywine Global Investment Management-Brandywine Global Investment Management
- Baseus Capital Management——Private Capital Management
- Baijun Financial Management-Batteryarch Financial Management
- Legg Mason International Equities
- Kelly Advisor-ClearBridge Advisor
Legg Mason’s tentacles extend to all parts of the world, with business offices in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Spain, Poland, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Chile and Brazil.
Legg Mason History:
- Legg Mason can be traced back to George Mackubin & Co., which began selling shares in the back office of the Baltimore Stock Exchange in 1899. It is also the former name of Legg & Co, one of the company’s predecessors;
- In 1962, another predecessor of the company, the stock brokerage company Mason & Co. was founded;
- In 1967, Mason & Co. became one of the three largest securities companies in Virginia;
- In 1970, Legg & Co acquired Mason & Co. and established Legg Mason & Co., Inc;
- In 1982, Legg Mason Fund Adviser, Inc. was established to manage the company’s fund-Legg Mason Value Trust;
- In 1983, Legg Mason, Inc. made its initial public offering and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, stock code: LM;
- In 2005, Legg Mason completed the asset replacement with Citigroup , replacing Citigroup’s asset management business with the company’s private client department and capital market business. As a result, Legg Mason became a pure asset management company;
- In 2008, Mark R. Fetting became the CEO of the company, succeeding Raymond A. “Chip” Mason;
- In 2013, Joseph A. Sullivan became the CEO of the company