CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CF) was established in 1946, formerly known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, USA, with 3,000 full-time employees. It is a well-known nitrogen fertilizer producer with global Production and distribution of nitrogen fertilizers and other nitrogen products within the scope.
CF Industries Holdings CF Industries:
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. is a North American manufacturer and distributor of agricultural fertilizers headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. It was founded in 1946 as the Central Farmers Fertilizer Company (Central Farmers Fertilizer Company). For the first 56 years, it was a federation of regional agricultural supply cooperatives. Subsequently, CF became a stock company and became a listed company. The company’s main operating subsidiary is CF Industries, Inc.
CF Industrial Holdings’ main nitrogen fertilizer products include anhydrous ammonia, granular urea, urea ammonium nitrate solution and ammonium nitrate. The company also provides diesel engine exhaust fluid, urea fluid, nitric acid and ammonia products, as well as compound fertilizer products containing nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
CF Industrial Holdings mainly serves cooperatives, independent fertilizer distributors, traders, wholesalers, farmers and industrial users.
CF Industries History:
- Founded in 1946, the predecessor of the C entral F armers Fertilizer Company, which is a federation of regional agricultural supply cooperative.
- CF Holdings began its demutualization in 2002 and IPO in 2005. Since 2008, CF Industrial Holdings’ shares have been included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index .
- In 2013, Mosaic acquired the phosphate business of CF Industrial Holdings for US$1.4 billion in cash.
- In 2014, Yara International (OSE: YAR) announced that it was negotiating a merger with CF Industrial Holdings, involving a scale of 27 billion US dollars.
- On July 17, 2015, it was reported that CF Industries Holding, a US fertilizer manufacturer, was in merger talks with OCI, a Dutch nitrogen fertilizer and chemical manufacturer, and a deal could be concluded as early as this month. CF shares soared nearly 10%, with an amplitude of 13%.
- On August 6, 2015, CF Industries Holdings announced that it has agreed to acquire the assets of Dutch fertilizer producer OCI NV in North America and Europe through an all-stock transaction for approximately US$8 billion. This transaction will The CF capacity will be expanded by 65% in the next two years. On December 22, 2015, CF Industries and OCI NV announced that the two parties had amended the agreement originally reached in August. The combined corporate entity (including taxation) will be changed from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands, and the board of directors of both parties understands that according to the agreement, CF Industries will operate as a subsidiary of the new company, and the transaction still needs to be voted by shareholders of both parties.
- On May 31, 2016, CF Industries announced the termination of the proposed merger with OCI’s European, North American and global distribution businesses.