Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey, with 127,100 full-time employees (2016). It is a diversified medical, health care and consumer care product company .
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ):
The products produced and sold by Johnson & Johnson in the United States involve consumer products and personal care products, pharmaceutical products, medical equipment and diagnostic products, and other fields. It has more than 250 subsidiaries worldwide, and its products are sold in more than 170 countries. Its well-known products and There are many brands, such as: consumer products (Johnson & Johnson), vision care products (Johnson & Johnson), medical equipment (Zhuangsheng) and pharmaceutical factories ( Jiangsen ).
Johnson & Johnson is divided into three divisions to operate: Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices.
- Consumer goods department : production and sales of baby care products under the JOHNSON??S brand; oral care products under the LISTERINE brand; skin care under the brands of AVEENO, CLEAN & CLEAR, DABAO, JOHNSON??S Adult, LE PETITE MARSEILLAIS, LUBRIDERM, NEUTROGENA, and RoC Products; women’s health products, such as STAYFREE and CAREFREE brand sanitary napkins, ob brand cotton swabs, etc.; wound care products, including BAND-AID brand adhesive bandages, band-aids, and NEOSPORIN brand first aid products; the department also provides OTC (over-the-counter drugs) Medicines, including acetaminophen products under the TYLENOL brand; cold, flu, and allergy medicines under the SUDAFED brand; allergy medicine products under the BENADRYL and ZYRTEC brands; ibuprofen under the MOTRIN IB brand; stomach medicine under the PEPCID brand.
- Pharmaceutical department : provide various drugs in the fields of immunology, infectious diseases, vaccines, neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
- Medical equipment department : provide orthopedic products; general surgery, biosurgery, energy products; electrophysiology products for the treatment of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases; sterilization and disinfection products to reduce surgical infections; blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery products; disposable contact lenses.
The Johnson & Johnson Group is most well-known for its healthcare products. It has multiple brands, including: Tylenol, Johnson’s Baby, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, smart, sweet, Bondi, and Dakening , Tylenol, Regaine, Salvon, ACUVUE, OneTouch blood glucose meter, etc.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) History Encyclopedia:
- In 1886, Johnson & Johnson and his two brothers founded Johnson & Johnson in New Bruswick, New Jersey, USA.
- Johnson & Johnson’s expansion strategy for the global market began in 1919 with the establishment of its first branch in Canada.
- Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid Band-Aid came out in 1920 and was invented by a Johnson & Johnson employee named Dixon. So far, Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid Band-Aid has produced more than 100 billion pieces.
- Johnson’s baby powder was produced in 1893 and is one of Johnson’s famous worldwide consumer products.
- Johnson Vision Health Trading Co., Ltd. is the world leader in the production of contact lenses.
- Johnson & Johnson began its global philanthropy in 1906.
- Johnson & Johnson was awarded the “Fortune” most acclaimed company and ranked first in the pharmaceutical field.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 32nd in the 2006 Fortune 500.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 104th in the 2006 Fortune Global 500.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 112th in the 2007 Fortune Global 500.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 107th in the 2008 Fortune Global 500.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 103rd in the 2009 Fortune Global 500.
- 2010 “Fortune” English website released the latest ranking of the 2010 “Fortune” world 500 companies ranked 108th.
- In 2011, the “Forbes” website ranked the top 100 corporate brands most popular with American consumers, and Johnson & Johnson ranked first.
- Johnson & Johnson ranked 26th in the “50 Best Mobility Companies” selected by BusinessWeek.
- On September 30, 2014, the company announced that it would acquire Alios BioPharma Inc (Alios BioPharma Inc) for approximately US$1.75 billion, a privately held company dedicated to the development of therapeutic drugs for viral diseases.
- On October 7, 2015, Netcom Johnson & Johnson planned to acquire one of the world’s largest biopharmaceutical companies- Amgen (AMGN).
- After more than 100 years of unswerving efforts and innovation, Johnson & Johnson has established more than 250 branches in 150 countries around the world. Its products are sold in 175 countries and regions, and it has approximately 126,000 employees. The world’s most comprehensive and widely distributed health care product manufacturer and related service provider. The production and sales of products involve consumer products and personal care products, pharmaceutical products and medical equipment and diagnostic products markets and other fields.
- On June 2, 2016, Johnson & Johnson announced the acquisition of Vogue International, a manufacturer of hair care products, for US$3.3 billion to increase the company’s hair care product portfolio.
- On January 27, 2017, Johnson and Johnson announced the acquisition of Actelion (OTCPK:ALIOY) for 30 billion U.S. dollars in cash, at an estimated price of $280 per share, and the divestiture of the Swiss company’s R&D unit.