CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (OTCMKTS: CKHUF, CKHUY, Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 1) was registered in the Cayman Islands on December 11, 2014, and its history can be traced back to the Yangtze River Industrial Co., Ltd. founded by Li Ka-shing in 1950 , Headquartered in Hong Kong, is the main holding company of Cheung Kong Holdings (Group) Co., Ltd. and Hutchison Whampoa Co., Ltd., engaged in ports, retail, infrastructure, energy and telecommunications businesses and related services worldwide.
CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKHUY):
The businesses of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited include :
1. Port-related business : CK Hutchison Industrial Company invests, Hong Kong International Container Terminal, the flagship company in Hong Kong, is the world’s busiest independent container terminal operator, and Hutchison Whampoa Port is the world’s most leading port investment, Develop and operate a business covering the entire logistics supply chain, including transportation and logistics-related services such as airports, railways, and ship maintenance. CK Hutchison Holdings operates 287 berths in 52 ports in 26 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, America and Australasia; and provides logistics and transportation related services, including cruise terminals, airport operations, and distribution centers, Railway services and ship repair facilities.
2. Retail business : Watsons Group operates the retail and manufacturing business of the company. Flagship retail chains established in Asia include Watsons Personal Care Store, ParknShop Supermarket, Taste New Generation Food Court, Gourmet Fashion Food Shopping Plaza, Great Food Shopping Plaza, Fortress Electrical and Electronic Products Store, Watsons Wine Cellar and Nuance-Watson Airport Duty Free Shop. In Europe, Watsons Group’s retail network includes health and beauty product chain brands: DC, Drogas, Kruidvat, Rossmann, Savers, Superdrug, Trekpleister, Spektr and Watsons personal care stores, as well as high-end perfume and cosmetic brands: Marionnaud, ICI PARIS XL and The Perfume Shop. Watsons Group is now the world’s largest retailer of health and beauty products. CK Hutchison has a network of approximately 14,100 health and beauty retail stores, providing health and beauty products, food and wine, consumer electronics and appliances in Asia and Europe, and in Hong Kong and China under the Watsons Water and Mr. Juicy brands Production and sales of bottled water and beverages.
3. Energy, infrastructure, investment and others : CK Hutchison Corporation invests in energy infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, water conservancy infrastructure, waste management in Hong Kong, China, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States, Waste energy, household infrastructure and other infrastructure related businesses. Yangtze River Infrastructure Group (“Changjiang Infrastructure”) is the infrastructure department of the group, which operates diversified infrastructure businesses, including transportation, energy, infrastructure materials, water plants and related businesses. The group holds the rights and interests of the Hongkong Electric Group (including Hongkong Electric Power Investment, “Hongkong Electric”) and is also a major shareholder of Husky Energy. Hongkong Electric is the only electricity supplier on Hong Kong Island and Lamma Island; Husky Energy is one of Canada’s largest energy and related businesses. CK Hutchison is also engaged in loading and unloading, port real estate leasing, natural gas distribution activities, as well as financial and other investment activities.
4. Telecommunications business : Hutchison Whampoa, under the brand “3” in the field of mobile multimedia communications, first launched the third generation (3G) mobile phones and network services. Its subsidiary Hutchison Telecommunications International Co., Ltd. (Hedian International) operates mobile phone networks and provides data services in Hong Kong, Macau, Israel, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Sri Lanka.
5. Pharmaceutical business : CK Hutchison Industrial Company also (through its subsidiary: Hutchison Pharmaceuticals ) research, development, manufacture and sales of pharmaceuticals and health products; research, development, manufacturing, commercialization, marketing and sales of nutritional health products and agricultural related products ; And provide water and cleaning technology and solutions, as well as digital health equipment and applications.
Related companies of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKHUY):
Companies listed on Hong Kong or overseas exchanges :
- Cheung Kong Holdings (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 1113)-Like CK Hutchison, it is directly held by the Li Ka-shing family
- Power Industry (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 0006)
- Hutchison Telecommunications Hong Kong Holdings 66.09% (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 0215)
- Changjiang Life Technology Group Co., Ltd. 45.32% (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 0775, the former GEM listing code is 8222.)
- Changjiang Infrastructure Group Co., Ltd. 75.67% (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 1038)
- TOM Group Co., Ltd. 36.73% (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 2383, the former GEM listing code is 8001.)
- HK Electric Power Investment 33.37% (HKEx: 02638)
- Hutchison Port Trust (SGX: NS8U)
- Hutchison China Medical Technology 60.4% (LSE: HCM, NASDAQ: HCM)
- Husky Energy Company 40.18% (TSX: HSE, TSX: HSE.PR.A)
Non-listed companies :
- Cheung Kong Holdings (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Hutchison Whampoa Limited
- Metro Broadcast Corporation
- Green Island Yingni
- Watsons Group
- Hong Kong United Dockyard
- Hong Kong River Trade Terminal
- Hong Kong Air Cargo Terminal
- Yangtze River Information
- Meridian Group (Hong Kong)
- AMTD Group (including AMTD Wealth Planning)
CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CKHUY) history:
- The founder and chairman of the board of directors of the company is Li Ka-shing, the joint managing directors are Li Zeju and Huo Jianning, and the deputy managing director is Gan Qinglin. On March 18, 2015, after the original Cheung Kong (Cheung Kong) shares withdrew their listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, they were exchanged for the company’s listing and at the same time formally became a constituent stock of the Hang Seng Index. Its business operates ports and related services, retail, and retail in Hong Kong and around the world. Infrastructure, energy and telecommunications.
- On June 3, 2015, CKH Holdings completed the integration of the original real estate businesses of Cheung Kong and Hutchison Whampoa, and completed the spin-off of Cheung Kong Properties to be listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. According to the restructuring plan, the shareholders of CKH Holdings held the equity of Cheung Kong Real Estate in proportion to the proportion of one share of CKH Holdings that was issued one share of Cheung Kong Real Estate, and CKH Holdings and Cheung Kong Real Estate became two independent listed companies.
- On August 6, 2015, CK Hutchison 3 Italy and Wind Telecomunicazioni SpA (WIND), a wholly-owned subsidiary of VimpelCom, merged. According to the data, the total number of mobile and fixed-line telecommunications customers exceeded 31 million and 2.8 million respectively.
- On September 8, 2015, Cheung Kong Infrastructure, a subsidiary of CKH Holdings, announced plans to merge with its subsidiary Power Assets. The process pointed out that Power Assets will exchange 1 share for 1.04 shares of Changjiang Infrastructure. Secondly, Changjiang Infrastructure will distribute a dividend of HK$5 to shareholders. After approval by the conference, the name will be changed to ” CK Infrastructure Assets (Holdings) Limited ” ( English: CK Infrastructure Assets (Holdings) Limited ), and the listing of Power Assets will be cancelled.
- On October 7, 2015, Changhe’s Cheung Kong Infrastructure plans to merge with its subsidiary Power Assets, increasing the original 1.04 shares and the dividend of 5 Hong Kong dollars to 1.066 shares of Cheung Kong Infrastructure in exchange for 1 share and a dividend of 7.5 Hong Kong dollars. The reason is the willingness of investors.
- On November 24, 2015, the merger of Changhe’s Yangtze River Infrastructure and its subsidiary Power Industry was not approved at the general meeting of shareholders. Power’s small shareholders, Ms. Chen and Mr. Su, pointed out to reporters that the merger ratio of 1:1.066 was unreasonable. , It should be increased to 1:1.1. In addition, Ms. Chen has held shares of Power Assets for more than 30 years. In addition, it needs to be increased to 8 or 9 Hong Kong dollars to make it happen. Institutional Shareholder Services and GlassLewis also criticized the bids for being too low.
- On March 16, 2018, Li Ka-shing announced that he would retire as chairman and executive director of the group after presiding over the general meeting of shareholders on May 10, and was transferred to the company’s senior consultant, and Li Zeju would take over as chairman of the board of directors.
- On June 13, 2018, a consortium of CKH Holdings, Cheung Kong Infrastructure and Power Industries, proposed to acquire Australian natural gas pipeline operator APA at a cash consideration of A$11 for each stapled security, which is a 33% premium to yesterday’s closing price of A$8.27. Group, the transaction involved about 13 billion Australian dollars, equivalent to 77 billion Hong Kong dollars.
- On July 2, 2018, CK Hutchison announced that it would acquire 50% of its equity in Wind Tre, an Italian mobile telecommunications company, from its joint venture partner VEON Ltd. (VON.AS) for a total cash consideration of EUR 2.45 billion ; And wholly owns the largest mobile telecommunications operator in Italy.