Kate Spade & Company (NYSE:KATE) was founded in 1976, formerly known as Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc., changed to its current name in February 2014, headquartered in New York, New York, USA, full-time employees With 3,900 people, it is a textile and apparel company, together with its subsidiaries, designs and sells clothing and accessories, and is the 43rd largest luxury company in the world in 2016 .
Update: In July 2017, Coach completed its US$2.4 billion acquisition of Kate Spade & Company and the company was delisted.
Kate Spade & Company (KATE):
Kate Spade & Company, originally known as Liz Claiborne Inc. (founded in 1976, in Manhattan), then changed its name to Fifth & Pacific Companies, until February 25, 2014 changed its current name, is a fashion company, design and sales A series of women’s and men’s clothing, accessories, and fragrance Trump, brands include: Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade.
Kate Spade is divided into three departments to operate: KATE SPADE North America, KATE SPADE International and Adelington Design Group.
Kate Spade’s products include : briefcases, handbags, small leather goods, fashion accessories, men’s, women’s and children’s jewelry and clothing; and authorized OEM products, including: shoes, perfumes, swimwear, watches, children’s clothing, Technology accessories, optical products (glasses), desktop products, clothing, fashion accessories, furniture, bedding, household items, tablecloths, casual shoes, pillows, lighting products, event clothing and stationery.
Kate Spade’s brands include : AXCESS, KATE SPADE SATURDAY, JACK SPADE, MARVELLA, KATE SPADE, MONET, kate spade new York, and TRIFARI.
In addition, Kate Spade also designs, develops and supplies jewelry for the LIZ CLAIBORNE and MONET brands; licenses the LIZWEAR brand.
Kate Spade sells its products through specialty retail stores, specialty retail and high-end department stores, franchise stores, high-end wholesale customers, and distributor networks and e-commerce platforms.
As of December 31, 2016, Kate Spade had 104 specialty retail stores and 64 outlet stores in the United States; in addition, it also opened 22 specialty stores, 52 franchise stores and 13 Austrian stores internationally. Teles shop.
Kate Spade & Company (KATE) History:
- In 1976, Liz Claiborne, Art Ortenberg, Leonard Boxer, and Jerome Chazen founded Liz Claiborne Inc.;
- In 1980, Nina McLemore founded Liz Claiborne Accessories;
- In 1981, Liz Claiborne Inc. went public;
- On May 15, 2012, Liz Claiborne Inc. changed its name to Fifth & Pacific, Inc., focusing on 3 brands: Juicy Couture, kate spade and Lucky Brand Jeans;
- On October 7, 2013, Fifth & Pacific Cos announced the sale of Juicy Couture to Authentic Brands Group for US$195 million;
- In December 2013, Fifth & Pacific announced the sale of its Lucky Brand Jeans brand to Leonard Green & Partners for US$225 million, making Kate Spade (Kate Spade) the company’s only nameplate;
- On February 25, 2014, Fifth & Pacific, Inc. changed its name to Kate Spade & Company;
- In July 2017, Kate Spade & Company was acquired by Coach and the stock was delisted.