Christian Dior SE (OTCMKT: CHDRY, Euronext: CDI), Dior for short, was founded in 1946 and headquartered in Paris, France, with 112,278 full-time employees. It is a famous French fashion consumer brand and the largest in the world High fashion brands holding company: LVMH group (full name: Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton, LVMH Group) , the parent company, the French wine and high-priced luxury goods manufacturing group, Dior LVMH holds Group 42.38% of the common stock and 59.3% of the voting rights.
Christian Dior (CHDRY):
The Dior company was founded by French fashion designer Christian Dior (January 21, 1905-October 24, 1957) and was headquartered in Paris, France. Mainly engaged in high-end consumer goods such as women’s clothing, men’s clothing, jewelry, perfume, cosmetics, and children’s clothing. Its menswear brand is now independent as Dior Menswear.
Dior’s products and brands include :
- Fashion and leather products , brands include: Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Donna Karan New York, Céline, Loewe, Givenchy, Kenzo, Thomas Pink, Berluti, Pucci, and Loro Piana;
- Wine and spirits , brands include: Hennessy, Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Krug, Château d??Yquem, Belvedere, Glenmorangie, Newton Vineyards, and Numanthia Termes;
- Perfumes and cosmetics , brands include: Parfums Christian Dior, Guerlain, Parfums Givenchy, Make Up For Ever, Benefit Cosmetics, Fresh and Acqua di Parma, KVD Beauty LLC, and Ole Henriksen;
- Watches and jewelry , brands include: Bvlgari, TAG Heuer, Zenith, Hublot, Chaumet, and Fred;
- Operating retail stores , brands (shops) include: DFS Galleria, Sephora, Le Bon Marché, Ile de Beauté, and Ole Henriksen;
- Publication , branded as Les Echos-Investir;
- Operating yachts , brands include: Royal Van Lent-Feadship;
- Operate the Cova pastry shop ;
- In addition, the company is engaged in real estate business under the brand name La Samaritaine;
- Hotel business .
As of June 30, 2016, Dior has operated 4,077 stores worldwide.
Christian Dior (CHDRY) History:
- Dior was born in Normandy, France in 1905. Because of his family’s expectations, he was engaged in political studies, and later turned to aesthetics because of his personal preferences, and met with painters such as Picasso, Matisse, and Dali.
- In 1935, he began to paint for “Le Figaro” and once sold his fashion pictures on the streets of Paris for 20 francs each.
- In 1938, he joined the Robert Piquet company as an assistant designer.
- In 1942, he worked with Pierre Balmain, at which time he mastered the skills of costume design and structure.
- In 1946, Dior was founded.
- On February 12, 1947, he launched a series of works: “New Style” made him famous in one fell swoop. Next, his designs were out of control: asymmetrical skirts, vertical garments, O-shaped, A-shaped, Y-shaped, H-shaped, tulip-shaped, arrow-shaped… This series of unique designs made him go in fashion. The forefront. During his 10 years of hard work in the Paris fashion industry, Parisian women’s clothing has undergone refreshing changes from the overall to the details.
- In 1947, Dior was awarded the Neiman Marcus Award in the United States.
- In 1950, France awarded him the Medal of Honor (Remise de la Legion d’honneur).
- In 1957, Dior died of a heart attack in Italy.
- In 1989, the brand was designed by the Italian designer Ferre. His arrival brought new rigor and elegance to the more exaggerated and romantic style of Dior.
- In 1997, the young British designer John Galliano was pushed to the front desk of Dior. After entering the 90s, the Dior brand has a range of categories in addition to high-end women’s clothing and high-end ready-to-wear, as well as perfumes, furs, turbans, sweaters, underwear, cosmetics, jewelry and shoes.
- In 2001, the Dior Homme boutique reopened a brand new “modern male concept” instilled by designer Hedi Slimane. Slimane used this concept when creating his first Dior Homme series. Soon after, Dior Homme gained outstanding male clients, including Brad Pitt and Mick Jagger.
- In 2007, Kris Van Assche was appointed as the new art director of Dior Homme.
- In April 2016, a new Dior flagship store opened in San Francisco, and the opening party was hosted by Jaime King.
The Dior brand has always been synonymous with gorgeous women’s clothing. The large V-neck Camalai evening dress, multi-layered and freely collocation fur, etc., are all made by the talented designer Dior. Its elegant narrow dress has always allowed the wearer to walk freely, reflecting the elegance Perfect combination with practicality. The revolutionary nature of the Dior brand is also reflected in its commitment to the comprehensibility of fashion; the selection of high-end and superior fabrics such as silk and satin, traditional overcoat, worsted wool, taffeta, and gorgeous embroidery. And the work is more exquisite and meticulous.
After 1957, Dior is still synonymous with gorgeous and elegant. The second generation of designer Saint Laurent introduced Dior to Moscow in 1959 and launched Dior’s new slim series. The third-generation heir Mark. Boang, the first Miss Dior series, continued the spiritual style of the Dior brand and carried it forward.
Dior not only restored Paris to its status as a fashion center after World War II, but also cultivated two well-known design masters: Pierre Cardin and Yves Saint Laurent (YSL). In the fall and winter of 2011, John Galliano John Galliano was fired. In 2012, the fall winter haute couture was replaced by Raf Simons as the chief designer of the brand.
John Galliano, used to be the chief designer of Dior. Over the years, the fashion industry has marveled at his unparalleled artistic talent time and time again. People call him a ghost, call him the hopeless master of romanticism. Outside the Dior 2011 autumn and winter show, Galliano’s supporters put out the slogan “The king is dead”. Although there is no Galliano’s wonderful curtain call, the Dior 2011 autumn and winter clothing show once again proved the ultimate talent of this master. Although it is a pity that Galliano left, we miss his glory days in Dior even more, and even his wonderful talent will be recorded in the history of fashion. The current global capital has exceeded 1 billion US dollars.
Dior brand identity:
Dior clothing is different from other brands in that it never uses any obvious logos such as CD or Dior on the clothing, and the clothing label Christian Dior Paris is the only way to identify it.
- CD: This abbreviation often appears on Dior accessories, such as the sides of glasses frames, buckles, belts, and wallets.
- Dior: The four letters of DIOR are strung together to form a key ring and hung on the handle. This is the most obvious sign of the “Lady Dior” bag. Later it became another obvious sign of Dior. It also often appears on the side of glasses frames.
- Diamond check pattern (or “diamond check pattern”): Dior special diamond check pattern, which is rarely seen on clothing, and can be clearly seen on Dior wallets.
- Roses, lilies of the valley, and flowers: whether they are direct flowers or artistic metaphors, roses, tulips, and other flowers often appear in DIOR haute couture uniforms or fashions.