Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSII) was founded in 1953 and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. It has 1,628 full-time employees. It is a well-known management talent search and consulting company, together with its subsidiaries,
for Companies and business leaders in America, Europe, Asia Pacific and internationally provide advanced search, culture shaping and leadership consulting services.
Heidrick & Struggles International (HSII):
Heidrick & Struggles Services promotes the recruitment, management and deployment of senior executives so that its clients can build leadership teams. Heidrick & Struggles leadership consulting services and culture shaping services include: leadership assessment; leadership, team and board development; succession planning; talent strategy; talent performance; teamwork; and company transformation.
Heidrick & Struggles provides services to Fortune 1000 companies, mid-market and emerging growth companies, governments, higher education and non-profit organizations, and other private and public entities.
Heidrick & Struggles International (HSII) history:
In 1953, former Booz Allen Hamilton employees Gardner Heidrick and John E. Struggles founded Heidrick & Struggles.
- In 1954, Heidrick & Struggle acquired its first customer-West Virginia Coal and Coke Company.
- In 1957, Heidrick & Struggles began to expand outside the Midwestern United States, with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City.
- In 1968, Heidrick & Struggles opened its first overseas office in London.
- In 1974, Heidrick & Struggle expanded to Paris and Frankfurt.
- In 1979, the Hong Kong office was established.
- In 1999, Heidrick & Struggles International IPO landed on Nasdaq.
- In 2008, the company became a partner of World Economic Forum.
- In December 2012, Heidrick & Struggle acquired Senn Delaney, a corporate culture shaping company, for US$53.3 million.
- In 2014, Heidrick & Struggles International appointed Tracy R. Wolstencroft as President and Chief Executive Officer. Wolstencroft is also a member of the board of Heidrick & Struggles. He has worked at Goldman Sachs for 25 years, including a partner from 1994 to 2010.
- In 2015, Heidrick & Struggles acquired the London-based leadership consulting company Co Company.
- In February 2016, Heidrick & Struggles acquired Decision Strategies International (DSI), a leading consulting company.
- In August 2016, Heidrick & Struggles acquired JCA Group, a London-based headhunting consulting company.
- In 2017, Tracy Wolstencroft was appointed chairman of the board of directors and Krishnan Rajagopalan was appointed as the new chief executive officer. Krishnan is a member of the board of directors and the head of the company management committee.