The Shyft Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHYF) was founded in 1975, formerly known as Spartan Motors, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ: SPAR), and was changed to present in June 2020. By name, it is headquartered in Novi, Michigan, USA, with 1,768 full-time employees. Through its subsidiaries, it projects, manufactures and sells heavy and special special vehicles in the United States, Canada, South America and Asia.
The Shyft Group, Inc. (SHYF):
The Shyft Group is an American automotive design company that designs and manufactures special chassis, special vehicles, truck bodies and aftermarket parts for the recreational vehicle, emergency response, government services, defense, delivery and service markets. The Shyft Group is headquartered in Charlotte, Michigan, and employs approximately 2,200 workers in factories in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, South Dakota, Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri and Mexico. In 2017, the company reported sales of US$707 million.
The Shyft Group is divided into 3 departments to operate : Fleet Vehicles and Services (Fleet Vehicles and Services), Emergency Response Vehicles (Emergency Response Vehicles) and Specialty Chassis and Vehicles (dedicated chassis and vehicles).
- Fleet Vehicles and Services ——Provide walk-in trucks, profile trucks, truck bodies, parts and accessories under the Aeromaster, Velocity, Ultimate, Trademaster, Metromaster, Utilivan, Spartan Upfit Services and Reach brands for e-commerce/last mile/ Parcel delivery, beverage and grocery delivery, mobile retail, trade and construction industries. The department also installed dedicated internal and external bodywork equipment for walk-in trucks, truck bodies and buses with special assembly names; and distributed related after-sales parts and accessories.
- Emergency Response Vehicles -Provide emergency response cabs and chassis, pumps, aerial ladder components for fire trucks, rescue equipment, oil tankers, and parts and accessories under the Spartan, Smeal, Ladder Tower and UST brands; as well as provide body, antenna, Pump, drive train and chassis repair and maintenance services.
- Specialty Chassis and Vehicle —— provide motor chassis; and national defense and special chassis and vehicles, as well as related after-sales parts and accessories, and maintenance and repair services. The department also provides assembly services for Isuzu N-gas and F series chassis.
The Shyft Group sells its products through a network of independent truck dealers, original equipment manufacturers, dealer distributors, leasing companies, municipalities and other government entities, and commercial and individual end users.
The Shyft Group factory:
- Charlotte, Michigan
- Brandon, South Dakota
- Ephrata, Pennsylvania
- Bristol, Indiana
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Snyder, Nebraska
- Neligh, Nebraska
- Delavan, Wisconsin
- Saltillo, Mexico
The Shyft Group, Inc. (SHYF) historical:
- In 1975, George Sztykiel, William Foster, Gerald Geary and John Knox founded Spartan Motors, Inc.
- In 1992, John Sztykiel became president.
- In 1997, Spartan Motors, Inc. acquired Luverne Fire Apparatus and Quality Manufacturing.
- In 2003, Luverne and Quality merged to form Crimson Fire.
- In 2009, Spartan Motors acquired Utilimaster Holdings.
- In 2011, Spartan acquired Classic Fire.
- In 2014, Sparta announced an investment of US$5 million in the ER business and moved its operations in Ocala, Florida to Charlotte, Michigan and Ephrata, Pennsylvania.
- In 2015, Daryl Adams became President and CEO.
- In June 2020, Spartan Motors, Inc. changed its name to The Shyft Group, Inc.