AxoGen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AXGN) was founded in 1995 and raised US$18 million in IPO in 2013. Headquartered in Alachua, Florida, USA, with 278 full-time employees, it is a medical device company that develops and sells surgery for peripheral nerve injuries solution.
AxoGen, Inc. (AXGN):
AxoGen is a human tissue company headquartered in Alachua, Florida, which produces products for the treatment of peripheral nerve injury, focusing on the development and commercialization of peripheral nerve regeneration and repair technologies.
AxoGen uses cell transplantation technology AVANCE to imitate human nerves, and helps patients restore peripheral nerve function and quality of life by providing surgeons and healthcare providers with innovative, clinically proven, cost-effective repair solutions.
AxoGen products and surgical solutions include:
- Avance Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft used to bridge severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with the second surgical site.
- AxoGuard Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix (ECM) joining aid, used to repair broken nerves without tension.
- AxoGuard Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosal ECM product, is used to wrap and protect damaged peripheral nerves, and to strengthen nerve reconstruction, while preventing soft tissue adhesion.
- Avive Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane, can be used as a resorbable soft tissue covering to separate tissues and regulate inflammation during surgery.
- In addition, the company also provides AcroVal nerve sensory and motor test system, composed of AcroGrip, used for hand grip strength measurement; AcroPinch used to measure clamping strength; Pressure-Specified Sensory Device, a somatosensory evaluation and measurement device.
- Furthermore, AxoGen also provides the AxoTouch dual-point discriminator, which is a tool for measuring the innervation density of the skin surface area.
AxoGen is a part of Sid Martin Biotechnology Incubator, the company provides products to hospitals, surgery centers and military hospitals in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other European countries as well as internationally.
AxoGen, Inc. (AXGN) company overview:
- Innovative solutions focusing on peripheral nerve repair and protection
- Comprehensive product portfolio can meet more than 900,000 programs
- The company reports that 87% of treated peripheral nerve injury patients have recovered
- Market opportunity 2.7 billion + USD
- “Five Pillar” market development strategy achieves double-digit growth
- A robust balance sheet provides resources to execute business plans
- 80% gross profit margin
- Significant barriers to competitive entry include intellectual property rights, regulatory strategies, and increasing clinical data
- Strong management team with a record of commercial success
- Long-term expansion potential