Boston Scientific (registered name in China: Poco International Medical Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.) Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts, with 29,000 full-time employees. It is a company specializing in micro A medical device manufacturer that develops, produces and sells trauma intervention medical devices.
Boston Scientific (BSX):
Boston Scientific Corp. is a world-renowned developer of surgical medical supplies. They are mostly used for diagnosis and treatment. They can be divided into heart, blood vessel, gastrointestinal diseases, lung medicine, radiology, and urology (including catheterization). Urinary tube, etc.) purpose.
Boston Scientific’s products are divided into three major departments, the cardiovascular department, which is responsible for heart disease, peripheral heart, blood vessels and other surgical equipment; the internal medicine surgery department, is responsible for the development of tumor, endoscopic equipment, urology, and gynecological equipment. ; Neuromodulation is engaged in diagnosis and treatment equipment for hearing impairment.
Vascular products are used to affect the heart and transport blood systems, while non-vascular products are used for other systems and organs. BSC has three manufacturing plants in Ireland, sales points in at least 35 countries, and distributors in 45 countries. The main competitors are Guidant and Medtronic (Medtronic).
Boston Scientific Corp. History:
- In June 1979, John Abele and Pete Nicholas founded Boston Scientific in the United States. Since its inception, Boston Scientific has focused on the development and production of minimally invasive medical devices and the development of the global market.
- In May 1992, Boston Scientific successfully listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- In 1995, with the acquisition of SCIMED Life System, Boston Scientific achieved a leading position in the heart disease business field and the international market.
- In 1997, Boston Scientific established China’s first wholly-owned subsidiary in Shanghai. Currently, it has branches and R&D centers in Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. The company’s headquarters are in Shanghai.
- In 2004, Boston Scientific launched the TAXUS® Express2™ paclitaxel-eluting coronary stent system to the US market. This product is one of the most extensive and successful products launched in the history of the industry.
- In 2006, Boston Scientific acquired the Jia Teng Company transformatively and entered the field of heart rhythm management. This acquisition consolidates Boston Scientific’s global authority in the cardiovascular medical field, promotes the company’s business diversification process, and consolidates the company ’s leading position as one of the world’s largest medical device companies .
- In July 2013, Boston Scientific announced the acquisition of Bard’s electrophysiology business, which further enhanced and improved its product line to support the company’s development strategy in the electrophysiology medical market and better serve the rapidly growing global electrophysiology market.
- After more than 30 years of development, Boston Scientific’s business now covers nearly 100 countries and regions around the world.
- On September 27, 2016, Boston Scientific acquired EndoChoice for approximately US$210 million .
- On June 11, 2018, Boston Scientific said it would not comment on the acquisition offer made by rival medical device manufacturer Stryker .