Crazy Fried Chicken El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:LOCO) was founded in Mexico in 1975 and moved to Los Angeles in 1980. It is a subsidiary of Trimaran Pollo Partners, LLC, formerly known as Chicken Acquisition Corp., in 2014. Changed to its current name on May, headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, with 5,005 full-time employees. It is a differentiated and growing concept restaurant that specializes in cooking fire-roasted citrus marinated chicken in front of customers.
Crazy fried chicken El Pollo Loco Holdings (LOCO):
El Pollo Loco means “The Crazy Chicken” (The Crazy Chicken) in Spanish. It is the name of two independent restaurant chains controlled by different companies. The two companies are El Pollo Loco, Inc. in the United States and Mexico. El Pollo Loco, SA de CV. Both companies specialize in Mexican-style roast chicken and were founded by Juan Francisco Ochoa.
Ochoa established the first El Pollo Loco restaurant in Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico in 1974, and then expanded the chain to the United States in 1980. Then, Ochoa sold its American restaurant in 1983, which was renamed El Pollo Loco, Inc., and the Mexican restaurant was renamed El Pollo Loco, SA de CV.
El Pollo Loco is a holding company responsible for restaurant management. Through its subsidiary El Pollo Loco, it develops, joins, authorizes, and operates El Pollo Loco fast-food restaurants. Like Chipotle , the company mainly provides a variety of modern Mexican-style turkey chicken dishes. , Including special chicken burrito, chicken taco, chicken tortilla soup, Pollo salad, etc.
As of March 8, 2018, El Pollo Loco owns approximately 475 company-owned and franchised restaurants in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah.
As of December 31, 2019, El Pollo Loco operates 482 restaurants in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Utah and Louisiana, including 195 company-owned restaurants and 287 franchises (Franchise) Restaurant. El Pollo Loco also licensed 1 restaurant in the Philippines.
Crazy Fried Chicken El Pollo Loco History:
- In 1974, Juan Francisco Ochoa opened the first El Pollo Loco restaurant in Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico;
- In 1979, the company’s business extended to northern Mexico;
- In 1980, the company’s first American branch opened in San Francisco, California;
- In 1983, the American catering business was acquired by Denny’s , and the Ochoa family continued to operate the Mexican business;
- In 1991, El Pollo Loco opened its 200th store;
- In 1994, El Pollo Loco added a salad bar in the restaurant;
- In 1999, American Securities Capital Partners acquired El Pollo Loco;
- In 2005, American Securities Capital Partners sold the restaurant to Trimaran Capital Partners;
- In 2008, opened the Utah and Oregon markets;
- In July 2014, El Loco Pollo (NASDAQ: LOCO) successfully landed on NASDAQ.