Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (NYSE:MJN) was founded in 1905 and is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, USA. It has 7,700 employees worldwide. It is a world-renowned nutraceutical and pharmaceutical manufacturer and an authority in the world nutrition industry , Infant formula milk powder is one of Mead Johnson’s leading products.
In June 2017, Durex’s parent company , Reckitt, completed the acquisition of Mead Johnson for a total of 16.7 billion U.S. dollars, and the latter’s stock was delisted after the market on June 13.
Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN):
Mead Johnson is a subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb , a global pharmaceutical leader in the United States . It is a 110-year-old global nutritional company with production bases on 7 continents. Nutritional products are sold in more than 100 countries and regions around the world, in Hong Kong, Macau, Available in Taiwan and China. Mead Johnson has more than 100 kinds of nutritional products on sale worldwide, and the most prominent product is infant formula.
The full name of Mead Johnson Hong Kong is Mead Johnson Nutrition (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd., which was established on September 10, 1968. Its predecessor was Bristol-Myers (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. and was renamed Bristol-Myers Squibb (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. on January 15, 1991. The company officially changed its name to current name-Mead Johnson Nutrition (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. on February 2, 2009. Mead Johnson’s products have ranked first in sales in Hong Kong for 11 consecutive years. It is one of the six milk powder manufacturers of the “Hong Kong Infant Nutrition Association”.
Mead Johnson Nutrition history:
- In 1905, Mead Johnson, a global infant nutrition brand, was born, and E. Mead Johnson was founded in New Jersey, USA.
- In 1993, Mead Johnson entered the Chinese market. In the same year, Mead Johnson (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. officially started production.
- In 2008, Mead Johnson (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. changed its name to Mead Johnson Nutrition (China) Co., Ltd.
- On February 11, 2009, Mead Johnson separated from its parent company Bristol-Myers Squibb Group and listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock code: MJN.
- On February 2, 2017, the condom industry giant Reckitt Benckiser (Reckitt Benckiser, Durex’s parent company) negotiated the acquisition of Mead Johnson, but the terms of the potential transaction are still unclear. Affected by this news, Mead Johnson once rose 21% in after-hours trading.
- In June 2017, Reckitt Benckiser officially completed the US$17.9 billion acquisition of the US milk powder giant Mead Johnson, whose shares were suspended and delisted after the market on June 13.
Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) investment:
Mead Johnson and Abbott are both leaders in the world’s milk powder market and are also the leading products in China’s infant formula sales. The company has a history of more than 100 years, with excellent management, smooth sales channels, and strong R&D capabilities. Worth a long-term investment!