Williams Companies (NYSE: WMB) was established in 1908 and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. It has 5,322 full-time employees. It is a natural gas company mainly engaged in the exploration, production, collection, processing and processing of natural gas. delivery.
Williams Companies (WMB):
Williams Corporation is an energy infrastructure company focused on connecting North American oil and gas resources to respond to the growth of the natural gas, natural gas condensate, and olefin markets. The company’s business is concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Gulf Coast, East Coast and Alberta, Canada.
Williams has three branches : Williams Partners , Access Midstream, Williams NGL & Petchem Services. The company consists of four business departments, namely: Exploration and Production Department, Gas Pipeline Department, Midstream Gas and Liquid Department and Gas Marketing Service Department.
The Williams company is divided into three divisions to operate : Northeast G&P, Atlantic-Gulf and West.
- Northeast G&P-This division is engaged in natural gas collection, compression and processing operations and natural gas liquid (NGL) fractionation operations in the Marcellus and Utica Shale regions of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York and Ohio.
- Atlantic-Gulf-operates Transco, a 9,900-mile interstate natural gas pipeline that runs from Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf of Mexico through Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey extend to the metropolitan area of New York State; the department is also engaged in operations of natural gas collection, processing and processing; crude oil transportation and production processing; in Texas , Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama’s Gulf Coast countries and their surrounding land, offshore shelf and NGL fractionation assets in deep water areas; in addition, the department also operates various petrochemical and Raw material pipeline.
- West-This department operates the Northwest Pipeline, an interstate natural gas pipeline system that runs from the San Juan Basin in northwestern New Mexico and Colorado in southwestern Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho States, Oregon and Washington state extend to the Canadian border near Sumas, Washington. The department is also involved in the operations of natural gas collection, processing and processing; and NGL fractionation and storage assets, as well as engaging in NGL and natural gas marketing businesses.
In addition, Williams also operates natural gas and liquefied gas collection, purification and processing business; deepwater drill bits, deepwater production and processing and crude oil transportation services; for local natural gas distribution companies, municipal utility companies, industrial users, electric power plants and natural gas Marketers and producers provide natural gas transportation and storage services; collection, fractionation, processing, storage and sale of ethane/ethylene, propane, propylene, n-butane, isobutane/butene, and condensate.
As of December 31, 2016, Williams owned and operated approximately 13,600 miles of oil and gas pipelines.
Williams Company News:
- 2015-5-13: Williams (WMB) acquired all public equity of Williams Partners LP ( WPZ ) at a premium of 14.5% . WMB closed up 6.21% on the day and WPZ closed up 22.7%.
- 2015-9-28: Oil and gas pipeline company Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) will acquire pipeline manufacturer Williams Cos (WMB) for US$32.6 billion, which is expected to be completed in the first half of 2016. In June 2015, Energy Transfer Equity tried to acquire Williams Cos, but the latter rejected the deal because the bid was too low. According to the September 28 acquisition agreement, Williams Cos will abandon the acquisition of its subsidiary Williams Partners (WPZ).